WildSurvive Forum
Bravo

Campfire Talk

Guest smallgamehunter

i got the mega Sgh bloody yesterday i got pics posted in the knife section

Guest blacksmith

snowing again now I have to chain all the trucks

Well I had a job threw a temp agency that lasted a shift. The main boss complained to the temp agency that I had a knife stashed in my boot and was waiving it around like a wild banchie. Wich was a lie. I had it in my pocket and had permission from my department supervisor to use it and was. And then was told by the warehouse supervisor I could have it but was not allowed to use is( so I stopped) I was also told by a emploee of the ware house that the main manager was racist twards whites and that the 3 of us temps would probably not be there long.

some of you may remember my tix clock project from last year.  a simple python program to run graphics..

tixclock.jpg

well my goal for today was to remake this http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/lights/7437/

first i had to multiplex my leds.  ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persistence_of_vision )  basicly turn a row on and off really fast. so i don't need an extra 9 wires. second was to sync time... that was a big mess.

soon i'll buy a wwvb receiver so i can sync to the atomic clock out of Colorado.

Sooooooo........ 10 hours, and a lot of gatorade later.

PICT0001.jpg

PICT0450.jpg

my other project was to take the temp display off my fan and put it on the light bar.

PICT0006-1.jpg

PICT0007.jpg

^^^ plastic tube coming down from a hole in the light bar with the temperature resistor inside. the tube goes under the water lvl and is plugged with a dead LED.

Well I had a job threw a temp agency that lasted a shift. The main boss complained to the temp agency that I had a knife stashed in my boot and was waiving it around like a wild banchie. Wich was a lie. I had it in my pocket and had permission from my department supervisor to use it and was. And then was told by the warehouse supervisor I could have it but was not allowed to use is( so I stopped) I was also told by a emploee of the ware house that the main manager was racist twards whites and that the 3 of us temps would probably not be there long.

thats crazy man..

if i was working in a warehouse a knife would come in handy, even if it was just to open a box.

That is bogus, HB. 

I saw the first red winged blackbird of the year here this morning.  Now a couple of little wood ducks are out in the pond in front of our building diving away.

Guest smallgamehunter

why do i have a feeling it was a cold steel roach belly

Guest smallgamehunter

i agree i like my small town living  as long as the blade is under 4 inches per state law  i get no hassles although i carry my sgh on a dog tag chain around my neck so i dont have a knife on my belt unless im hiking

Yees it dose suck. And no it was not the roach belly it was the frost cutlry that I have I'm not carrying to the kershaw any more because I have put it up for my sone at a later date I'm looking for my nex edc knife anny sugestions I'm looking for a seat belt cutter and wildow punch bilt into it

We just got back from Carlyle Lake an hour east of St Louis. We stayed in a lake shore cabin and sitting on the deck watching the white caps hitting the shore with the 70+ air it was a great time. Than a wild lightning storm hit in the middle of the night and a mist of cold rain started hitting my face because I had the bed room window open a crack so the fresh air off the lake was blowing in my face all night. Carlyle Lake is huge and the largest man made lake in Illinois. The cabin was beautiful with a gas fire place and a loft. There was only one other cabin occupied and they didnt stick their head out all night.

http://carlylelakecottages.com/html/location.htm

I had an incident when I first started working in my office. A female coworker was trying to get a bag of Oreo's open as I was walking by. I pulled out a Gerber folder and sliced the package open. PIA ran to management that I was carrying a weapon. If they knew how many Cold Steel machetes and TOPS knives I've ordered on-line and shipped to the office address..they have a moo cow. Suggest something like an Uncle Henry folder. Functional but less threatening.

Swede,

The cabin sounds nice. Did some geneology for Julie there. Not at the cabin, at the courthouse.

Seen a guy Monday that found 9 sheds. Some of them were nice. You been looking?

Seen robins also. Dumb things are always early. Also Killdeer, red winged blackbirds.

There was an Eagle hanging around Bob's a week ago.

Anyway, another 9 days till Spring.

We just got back from Carlyle Lake an hour east of St Louis. We stayed in a lake shore cabin and sitting on the deck watching the white caps hitting the shore with the 70+ air it was a great time. Than a wild lightning storm hit in the middle of the night and a mist of cold rain started hitting my face because I had the bed room window open a crack so the fresh air off the lake was blowing in my face all night. Carlyle Lake is huge and the largest man made lake in Illinois. The cabin was beautiful with a gas fire place and a loft. There was only one other cabin occupied and they didnt stick their head out all night.

http://carlylelakecottages.com/html/location.htm

That looks like an awesome place for a getaway, Swede.  We went to this one up in Wisconsin about a year and a half ago.  Very secluded and quiet.  http://www.lonesomehollow.com/index.html

mp that is a nice knife i was thinking about getting BlackHawk!® CQD® Mark I Type E with Partially Serrated Blade heres the link for it on smokey mountan knife works http://www.smkw.com/webapp/eCommerce/product.jsp?range=21&Mode=Cat&Cat=93&SKU=BH15M111BK

HB - you might want to shop around a bit on this one.  I'm seeing it listed new on eBay for around $70.

Thanks for the suggestion but I don't trust my computer to do online ordering for annything suposedly I have 20 viruses on it but I can't figure out how when the internet goed threw my dads computer with a big antivirus on it but I don't get computers to well

Good morning folks!  It's starting out as a really nice morning except for some fog, then rain will move in later and we should get another soaking.

HB, see if you can get Malwarebytes downloaded to clean up some of those viruses.  It's free and it works pretty well.

Guest smallgamehunter

i finally decided to join the local Sar team  i go to training this weekend and have to do a 90 day probationary period.

heres the team website  www.tristate-sar.us