WildSurvive Forum
Bravo

Campfire Talk

Nope, by Theory of a Deadman

I'm sorry, sweetie!  I can't help you with that one.  Just go very slowly until you have the technique down, then worry about the rhythm after you've mastered the finger part.  That's how I learned.

Ok, thanks big sis, I got frustrated so I went to another song, "Hurt" by Johnny Cash

I love that song, but only the Trent Reznor version.  :rofl:

SK look for song called 'Black-out out in the red room" from Love/Hate. Three cords, tuning not required. Must be played loud.

Loudness was an '80's Japanese metal band. Sometimes refered to as Roudness.

Sorry I missed that one!  I was probably out riding in my Rinkin. 

Holly, when you practice do you actually hit the strings and then switch notes or did you just move your fingers around?

When I practice, I make sure that I'm fretting the strings correctly, then I either strum the strings or I'll pick them.  Then I'll switch my fingers around on the neck of the guitar and find the next chord, then strum or pick the strings for that chord.  It's more of a "one-two" action for me.  Some players are skilled enough that they can find the chord and strum or pick it simultaneously.  I'm not that talented.

I've been looking online for guitar lessons in my area.  I'd love to learn how to play my electric guitar better.  I want to start an all-girl band when I'm 90 and in a retirement home.  I think it would be hilarious!  :woot:

Just got off work at my new job called weedman. Landscaping. Its fun when its low 40s and raining.

{{{{{GEARJUNKY!!!}}}}}  It's good seeing you!  Are you doing okay?

Damn guitar is kicking my ass...  Practice practice practice... I've got problems with getting the rythm down strumming right for Wait for Me, and then switching between chords while keeping it sounding good...  Practice practice practice...

You've got the idea, SK....practice practice practice.  It will come, just keep at it.

When I practice, I make sure that I'm fretting the strings correctly, then I either strum the strings or I'll pick them.  Then I'll switch my fingers around on the neck of the guitar and find the next chord, then strum or pick the strings for that chord.  It's more of a "one-two" action for me.  Some players are skilled enough that they can find the chord and strum or pick it simultaneously.  I'm not that talented.

Keep at it.  After you practice enough, it will become "muscle memory" and your fingers will move to the next chord automatically, between strums or picks.  Kind of like magic, but way cool when it starts to come together.

Were delivering a wildsurvive shirt to Fat Guy today at a Chinese restaurant in Cedar Rapids Iowa.  :)

Guest smallgamehunter

have fun in corn country swede

Guest smallgamehunter

sitting in the e.r. this morning with my oldest daughter

strep has been goin around her school and bein a small town school it dont miss anybody