WildSurvive Forum
Bravo

Campfire Talk

Well the truck I was driveing started having issues oit was chuging as if it was starving for fule so I got one call done and am spending an hour and 15 mins at the yard waiting on a diffrent truck

Hey Bravo  :wave:

Sounds like a fuel filter Hillbilly. Did they have that truck parked for a long time?

Thunder showers here this morning. Cold winds blowing out of the north. There coming to install an energy efficient furnace at the farm home today as the old one caught on fire from a gas leak from the gas valve.  :scared:  Nothing big but that did it with that old furnace.

Good luck Matt.

supposed to get snow tommorow, due to that north wind also, and rain rain rain!

they dropping raw sewage?

Yup, some just run the pipes straight to the creek.  Ignorance abounds in SE Kentucky.

Good luck with the job, Matt!  And glad the new jobs is working out pretty well, HB!  :thumbup:

The wind is blowing hard and there talking frost warnings here. The new furnace went in with out a hitch and it looks good.

Guest smallgamehunter

the girls are already asking when we are goin to swedes they were disappointed that we arent goin tomorrow.

Guest smallgamehunter

SAR training went extremely well this morning  the state police will be joining us on the 22nd for a joint training excersise.

First day back at work tomorrow after a week and a half off :nono: . Temps should finally start to drop by the end of the week. Can't wait for winter.

LOL! We'll have to live vicariously through you Matt for our summer months! :) Of course, I'm sure your winter is NOT that severe.

Ok, so I gotta ask Matt, what in THEE hell is vegemite? I tried it when I was in Perth, and is was FRIGGIN disgusting! Also, they market Foster's beer here in the states like it was THE ONLY beer in Aussie, but when I was there, I ordered it in a bar and they looked at me like "what the #*$%$ do you want drink THAT for" look. Can you elaborate?

Hahaha, Vegemite on toast is the best!!! Must be an acquired taste. I can't tell you exactly how it's made, all I know is that it's concentrated yeast extract. Nobody here drinks fosters, I don't think I've ever drunk it. From what i've heard it's not even a nice beer. Back in the day it used to be a really popular beer here but It's now owned by you yanks, hence the reason why it's marketed the way it is over there. Also where i'm living right now, the lowest temp on record was 30.2 and down on my parents property (about 6 hours drive south) the coldest was 19.4 so yeah our winters are pretty timid.

Vegemite (pronounced /ˈvɛdʒɨmaɪt/ VEJ-ə-myet)[1][2] is a dark brown Australian food paste made from yeast extract. It is a spread for sandwiches, toast, crumpets and cracker biscuits, and filling for pastries. It is similar to British, New Zealand, and South African Marmite and to Swiss Cenovis.

Vegemite is made from used brewers' yeast extract, a by-product of beer manufacturing, and various vegetable and spice additives. It is salty, slightly bitter, and umami or malty — similar to beef bouillon. The texture is smooth and sticky. It is not as intensely flavoured as British Marmite and it is less sweet than the New Zealand version of Marmite.

Callister used autolysis to break down the yeast cells from waste obtained from the Carlton & United brewery. Concentrating the clear liquid vitamin extract and blending with salt and celery and onion extracts[5] formed a sticky black paste.

Sounds yummy.  :unsure:

Good morning all! The temp is 46 right now, feels pretty cool after the warmer temps we have been having. This is what we call black berry winter. The black berries are in full bloom.