WildSurvive Forum
Bravo

Campfire Talk

A discussion in the office today on where to find really good BBQ. There is a seasonal place a few miles south of me in Whitesboro. After that, Texas I'd suppose.

Odd that I just found a container of Pork BBQ in the freezer. I hope tomorrow we have discussion on where to find that brunette from the Victoria Secrets commercial. No, I don't want to find her in my freezer. Because that might make me question the container of BBQ and I'm really hungry. 

I have the flappy clicky noise of those.  This is super tough nylon, its not the noisy crackly stuff but the lighter stuff.  Feels like a windbreaker.

I had a tarp set up in a 30 MPH wind once and one the guylines came loose from the ground. The whole thing turned into a giant parachute with an 8" metal tent stake flapping at eye level on the end of the cord.

Good times.

I had a tarp set up in a 30 MPH wind once and one the guylines came loose from the ground. The whole thing turned into a giant parachute with an 8" metal tent stake flapping at eye level on the end of the cord.

Good times.

Never had that happen luckily lol

Sleeping in a tarp only bothers me because I've watched too many slasher movies and I keep expecting something to grab my ankles and drag me off into the woods. Not that a tent is much more protection but at least it's enclosed. 

I think that tarp is going to last me a lifetime as long as I take care of it well.  Its the most durable one out there that I could find.  It also has the best grommet/ties configurations.

~ I clicked on the link... That looks cool!  :thumbsup:

I thought so.  It looked a lot more durable than the other lightweight tarps.  I'll take some extra weight in order to have a durable peice of kit.

~ well, it's the weekend Watcher, I Hope you're gonna relax and have some fun.

I have speech tomorrow.  Leave at 8:30 AM, should be back by 2:30. 

All day today I've just kicked around not doing a darn thing...  Hopefully I'll get more done the rest of the weekend. 

I emailed my paper to the comp teacher, hopefully she'll accept it like that...

I have speech tomorrow.  Leave at 8:30 AM, should be back by 2:30. 

All day today I've just kicked around not doing a darn thing...  Hopefully I'll get more done the rest of the weekend. 

I emailed my paper to the comp teacher, hopefully she'll accept it like that...

~ well, I hope she does. It's not your fault if you couldn't send it the other way.

Exactly.  Got home today and totally forgot about getting it reset... 

I'm ready for summer, sleeping outside, making videos, living...

~ Sleeping outside is a Winter activity here.  :rofl: you won't find anybody sleeping outside in June and July around here. Unless they're homeless  (and the homeless will be hanging out in the waiting rooms at work instead of outside)

It gets hot here, but I absolutely love summer nights laying under the clear sky looking at all of the stars.  I may shoot out our yard light...  Then I don't have to deal with the light polution.

It gets hot here, but I absolutely love summer nights laying under the clear sky looking at all of the stars.  I may shoot out our yard light...  Then I don't have to deal with the light polution.

~ same here...  I love to sit in my front yard with my cat, and gaze at the stars. But we have light polution too.