WildSurvive Forum
Bravo

Campfire Talk

My wife takes some vicks vapor rub, spreads it on the bottom of her feet, puts on a light pair of socks and sleeps like a baby. I don't know why this would effect your cough, but she swears by it.

I'm one of those mutants that doesn't get sick very often (KOW) so I can't vouch for it.

~ yeah, my Dad has done that. Never did anything for my cough. I have a really hyperactive cough reflex when I get sick. Probably from growing up exposed to second hand smoke all my life.  :thumbdown:

I'm watching Point Break. Patrick Swayze is the bagel that won't ever fit in the toaster.

~ Kuh-Nu-Nu Reeves will forever be Ted on an excellent adventure in my mind.  :blink:  I'm not sure how Gary Busey ended up in that movie. I guess he was the mastermind who cracked the ex-president's bank robery scheme when he found some surfboard wax at the scene of a crime.  :blink:  He just put two and two together. I wanna know what casting director was sitting there thinking.... "I need a mastermind...  a mastermind, hmmmm, I KNOW! Gary Busey! He'll be perfect!"  :thumbsup:

wacky115.gif

I mean, I can SEE why they cast him in Silver Bullet as the crazy uncle. "Now who would build a hot rod wheel chair for a crippled boy? and give him illegal fireworks to shoot off in the middle of the night? Hmmmmm, I KNOW Gary Busey!"  :thumbsup:

Try the Nettie pot, I swear by that thing.

Welcome to the campfire Pew. Pull up a log the ice chest should have some thing for ya.

Try the Nettie pot, I swear by that thing.

ive heard people have died from that because an amoba ate there bron or something

ive heard people have died from that because an amoba ate there bron or something

If you use sterilized water there shouldn't be any amobas to eat your bron, just sayin'

If you use sterilized water there shouldn't be any amobas to eat your bron, just sayin'

that is true. But maybe those people didnt

WARNING, NORTH CAROLINA, Batten down the hatches,  Muddy is coming, This IS NOT a TEST!!!!

Coming down from the North like a horde of locust.

~ Holly and I went camping in North Carolina. It's a beautiful state. The Blue Ridge parkway is a very scenic route... that is, when your tank isn't on "E" and when you're not wondering where the hell you're gonna find some gas.  :unsure:  and when you not worried about having no cell phone signal up there. I imagine with a tank full of gas.... it's a real pleasure.

~ Holly and I went camping in North Carolina. It's a beautiful state. The Blue Ridge parkway is a very scenic route... that is, when your tank isn't on "E" and when you're not wondering where the hell you're gonna find some gas.  :unsure:  and when you not worried about having no cell phone signal up there. I imagine with a tank full of gas.... it's a real pleasure.

I'm going to the beach.

Did we learn something here?

Morning campers... Cooled of a little today, only about 60 do far. Only one more day to go :)

Did we learn something here?

~ Yes! always fill up with gas before you get on the Blue Ridge Parkway.  :yes:  Especially when you're following a red head in a pick-up who drives like a runaway mine car.  :P :rofl:

~ Yes! always fill up with gas before you get on the Blue Ridge Parkway.  :yes:  Especially when you're following a red head in a pick-up who drives like a runaway mine car.  :P :rofl:

That was my recollection of the Blue Ridge Parkway.

That was my recollection of the Blue Ridge Parkway.

~ I met Holly in a McDonalds parking lot. Then I followed her to the campsite. I had just under a half a tank. By the time I got to the campsite, I was low on gas. There really wasn't anywhere to fill up. So the whole way back on Sunday, I was worried that I would run out.  My phone had no signal in the mountains. In Autumn... that's one beautiful drive. Every couple of miles or so, there would be a scenic overlook area to pull off the road, and take pictures.  The views are breath taking.

~ So which beach are you headed to Muddy? I've never been to the beach in NC. I've been to Hilton Head Island. It was nice.

Emerald Isle. North of Wilmington. 

Something managed to get into my strawberry patch and ate 1/2 the ripe ones, (About 10 at this time),  I believe it was a a nefarious 2 legged 5 year old.  I have since strengthened the defenses, laid out concertina wire, armed the perimeter with an electric fence.  LOL  Nah, we all dive in when we see them.  :P 

Reminds me we HAVE GOT to pick up the Tomatoes and peppers today and get them in.

Thanks ;-)

Cold and rain finally here. If the temps drop any more its going to be snow. I lied about the snow. Highs  Saturday 72 lows 52 at night.