WildSurvive Forum
Bravo

Campfire Talk

Cold and rain finally here. If the temps drop any more its going to be snow. I lied about the snow. Highs  Saturday 72 lows 52 at night.

Glad to see the cooling temps here. I's too early to be this warm...

~ Ok. My little girl has been out of school all of four days and she's already driving me nuts about wanting to do this, and do that, now she wants to do arts and crafts and design her own T-shirts.  :blink:  Everything she comes up with to do, involves me going somewhere and spending money I don't have.  :glare:  Whatever happened to the sheer bliss of waking up an hour late, and eating a bologna sandwich while watching old sitcoms on cable?  :unsure: swimming, Walking in the grass barefooted... not being anxious about getting things done because you had the whole Summer ahead of you? Drinking out of a green garden hose cause your mom mopped the floor and wont let you in the kitchen with your dirty bare feet?  :P  Going to the creek? Pretending you're a wild horse running in the wind to the top of the big hill? Sliding down grassy hills on Cardboard? What happened to all that stuff? My kids have access to a beautiful pool at mom and dad's but they never want to swim. I used to live in that pool during the Summer (and I wasn't a kid then) they put the pool in when I was in college! LOL

What's WRONG with our kids?  :nono:

~ Ok. My little girl has been out of school all of four days and she's already driving me nuts about wanting to do this, and do that, now she wants to do arts and crafts and design her own T-shirts.  :blink:  Everything she comes up with to do, involves me going somewhere and spending money I don't have.  :glare:  Whatever happened to the sheer bliss of waking up an hour late, and eating a bologna sandwich while watching old sitcoms on cable?  :unsure: swimming, Walking in the grass barefooted... not being anxious about getting things done because you had the whole Summer ahead of you? Drinking out of a green garden hose cause your mom mopped the floor and wont let you in the kitchen with your dirty bare feet?  :P  Going to the creek? Pretending you're a wild horse running in the wind to the top of the big hill? Sliding down grassy hills on Cardboard? What happened to all that stuff? My kids have access to a beautiful pool at mom and dad's but they never want to swim. I used to live in that pool during the Summer (and I wasn't a kid then) they put the pool in when I was in college! LOL

What's WRONG with our kids?  :nono:

Technology is whats wrong with kids theae days why go swimming in a pool when the can play a swimmi g game on the wii or what ever it is kids are programed that if it dosent involve some electronic device then money needs to be spent to have fun its sad. I have said it for years and i fealbits futting here technologybis way to far advanced for us we dont containe tye mental capasity to use it properly we cintrol the technology not yhe other way around

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I agree with you hbt  I will admit my boy has a ps3 but he is limeted to half an hour a day and an hour on weekends. I personally think its silly for kids these days to have there own laptop and smartphone pda mp3 player and all that crap. 

~ you're the oldest kid I know who's still out of control!  :rofl:

wacky078.gif wacky078.gif taunt12.gif taunt12.gif

Emerald Isle. North of Wilmington. 

~ Emerald Isle looks like a great place Muddy!  I love the Islands off the Carolina coast. There's tons of wildlife on them, they are surrounded by wetlands and I just love that whole ecosystem.  :thumbup:

Any of you ever see the mile high swinging bridge in NC?

~ when I was 2 my parents and grandparents took us on a trip to Grandfather mountain, and blowing rock North Carolina. The whole trip was a nightmare to my two year old brain! I was scared of the bridge, I was scared of some huge rock blowing around in the wind. I was afraid of the Indians when they jumped on the train in a mock Indian attack, I was terrified of the sleeping giant! I don't think I could even talk at the time, but I could understand parts of the adult's conversation, and in my mind all I felt was danger danger danger! All of the attractions I took literally, and very seriously. To me, imagination was always real.    :scared: scared011.gif

~ Emerald Isle looks like a great place Muddy!  I love the Islands off the Carolina coast. There's tons of wildlife on them, they are surrounded by wetlands and I just love that whole ecosystem.  :thumbup:

I'm looking forward to it. I just have to make it through work tomorrow. 

If you use sterilized water there shouldn't be any amobas to eat your bron, just sayin'

I use well water with some floaties in it.  Smells clean. Bron feels great.

Posted using Tapatalk on god only knows which device.

Lol... Nice signature pew... :)

Why thank you. But seriously I have no idea where all these gadgets came from I swear they multiply.

I use well water with some floaties in it.  Smells clean. Bron feels great.

~ Naegleria fowleri (or brain eating amoeba) can also live in well water. It's a risk that I wouldn't gamble on. No way sinus irrigation is worth the risk of introducing something into your body that will kill you.(you can't smell it). Just boil the water you're going to use in your sinus irrigation, let it cool, and add a teaspoon of salt per cup of that boiled water. you should be good to go then. That teaspoon of salt brings the salinity up to body level and then it won't burn your nasal passages like freshwater does. Also, N. Fowleri hates salt.

~ Naegleria fowleri (or brain eating amoeba) can also live in well water. It's a risk that I wouldn't gamble on. No way sinus irrigation is worth the risk of introducing something into your body that will kill you.(you can't smell it). Just boil the water you're going to use in your sinus irrigation, let it cool, and add a teaspoon of salt per cup of that boiled water. you should be good to go then. That teaspoon of salt brings the salinity up to body level and then it won't burn your nasal passages like freshwater does. Also, N. Fowleri hates salt.

impressive stuff, I do it just because my doc said to.

I'll have to do a little research.

impressive stuff, I do it just because my doc said to.

I'll have to do a little research.

~ No research required. I already did it. If you're gonna irrigate your sinuses with well water, you need to boil it. Plain and simple. It's not worth even the slim chance that you could introduce something that harmful into your system.