WildSurvive Forum
Bravo

Campfire Talk

~ I experienced that phenomenon myself in Denver Colorado. I think I even took pictures to prove it to folks back home.  The chicken still tasted good though.

i lived in denver back in 88, i went for the 50 cent bus tour one time to the bad part of town. it was ....should we say, interesting.

~ Stameys Barbecue in North Carolina was the bomb. Boiled peanuts are all over the southeast. You haven't lived until you've had a paper bag full of boiled peanuts.

damn, now im craving me some boiled penuts

~ There's a bad part of Denver?  :unsure:

iliff avenue probably spelled wrong. they pulled a body out of there every night. good place to avoid at the time.

yeah are they hard to make?

~ Well, you have to boil a whole lot of raw green peanuts to get a good batch, and you have to have the salt concentration perfect. The water has to be really salty to make them right. Better to just buy them on the side of the road like they were intended to be sold.

~ They're addictive! I was raised on'em.  :smoke:

lucky i could count the number of times ive had them on one hand

oh, ok. so you dont heat it up or do you add anything to the water.

I add sea salt to it.  I have major sinus problems and aside from the horribly addicting active ingrediant in Afrin, the netti (sp?) is really the best thing I have found to allow me to sleep at night.

I have been using it almost daily for ~10 years.

I had sinus surgery in April of this year however, wow what a difference.

Posted using Tapatalk on god only knows which device.

~ Ever had any?

nope, but im really wanting some now. i love the salted in the shell penuts, had some tonight at my boys baseball game. i eat the shell and all.

iliff avenue probably spelled wrong. they pulled a body out of there every night. good place to avoid at the time.

~ All I could think about Denver was that "This place is SO FLAT....  you can just see for miles and miles off in any direction"  You can't do that from here. I don't live in flatland.

nope, but im really wanting some now. i love the salted in the shell penuts, had some tonight at my boys baseball game. i eat the shell and all.

~ you mean salted deep-fried peanuts?  Those are fried whole, and you do eat the shell.

~ We have more fried chicken places in this town than barbecue'd pork places!  :rofl:  We have Churches Fried Chicken, KFC (Of course), and Hartz Crispy chicken franchize, Chick-filet... all of these franchises have several stores all over town.

Bojangles is all over Eastern NC.

~ All I could think about Denver was that "This place is SO FLAT....  you can just see for miles and miles off in any direction"  You can't do that from here. I don't live in flatland.

and everyone calls iowa flat, i remember driving thre nebraska. now that is one flat ass uggly place to drive threw. at least colorado had some mountains to play in. and yes...i played in them  :hugegrin:

~ you mean salted deep-fried peanuts?  Those are fried whole, and you do eat the shell.

i dont know, there just penuts in the shell and there super salty.

ok, this caveman needs a showere and a shave. ill catch you all tomorrow. have a good night and remember, if you use a nettii pot thingy, tilt your head to the lefrite and pour like theres no tomorrow.  razor...out

We should do a post called Wild Survive's guide to regional cusine (good food without getting shot).

it should be guide to regional cuisine( good food without getting poisoned ,shot or stabbbed)

~ no guarantees where I live.  :whistle:

We'll just put a big red x thru Columbus GA, Canton OH, Camden NJ, Newark NJ, Asbury Park..

it should be guide to regional cuisine( good food without getting poisoned ,shot or stabbbed)

My guide to Texas will be based on ZZ Top songs. I do want to go to that shack outside Lagrange.