WildSurvive Forum
Bravo

Campfire Talk

Remember Joy of painting? That was a fun show.

Remember Captain Bob? I used to get up early just to draw with him. Now I do pretty good to draw anything other than a straight line.

Mornin campers... Had a GREAT day yesterday with the family. Hope the rest of you dads did too...

Morning Campers!  Had an AWESOME weekend.  I took off Friday at noon and we made campsite by 1:30.  Hung out barefoot from then until I drove home Sunday around 11:00.  Ate like KINGS,  Lots of dutch oven cooking.  Great rain Friday night (Me and the 5 year old were on our tarp as usual,  just pulled it over and enjoyed the rain.  (Well I enjoyed it, he slept like a child who had free reign of a campground for 10 hours LOL).

I feel like a new man,  I made and drank so much GOOD coffee, I even brought a thermos of it home to drink all day and night yesterday.

I think I'm weird, I LIKE recovering gear after a camp out, it may seem like a big chore, but that's when I incorporate any little tips or tricks I figured out, such as rearranging the way I store cooking gear.  ( I have a new satchel I got free at work, which is perfect for a "Cooking Kit", has everything I need for cooking and for cleaning up and doing dishes afterword.  The little pockets are perfect for the various spices etc. 

I did the two stick method with a fire-drill and managed to get my first double coal, it was awesome.  I tried the fire plow and got some smoke, but I think my log was too soft, got to try it again with something a bit harder.

I am short on paracord but otherwise, ready to head to my boyscout camp for 7 days the 2nd week of July.  Can't wait.  Hope you all had as good a weekend as I did.  I'll post a few pics later.

Time to start work on a new pan of coffee!  :hugegrin:

Weve got some new guests. Five half growed coons. Something must have happened to their mother.  :whistle:

Im feeding them watered down dog food till they get a little bigger. They just come walking down the lane any time of day. The mother must have shown them the bottom of the dam on the pond for water and frogs.

coons_004.jpg.82347a147813739bda8c0b6f7a8f5cdd.jpg

coons_005.jpg.657415c58de2243a86b19cec2a9f36bc.jpg

coons_010.jpg.82a211a36297ace6ff398eb3881be424.jpg

Weve got some new guests. Five half growed coons. Something must have happened to their mother.  :whistle:

Im feeding them watered down dog food till they get a little bigger. They just come walking down the lane any time of day. The mother must have shown them the bottom of the dam on the pond for water and frogs.

We are raising one right now our selves. Not sure what happened to the rest of the litter.We got a  call from one of my kids teacher saying that its Momma was dead in the road at there house and they didnt know what to with the little one. Of course my kids volunteered us to take care of it. This makes the second one this spring that we have taken care of and the 4th one over that last 5 years. We raised a young red fox a couple of years ago. I wish it would have stayed around it was pretty cool.

Then every star shall sing to me

Its song of liberty;

And every morn shall bring to me

Its mandate to be free.

In every throbbing vein of me

I’ll feel the vast Earth-call;

O body, heart and brain of me

Praise Him who made it all!

You give shots that help people to lose weight?

Yes, we give Myoden/B-12 shots to help retain muscle while losing the fat.  A side effect of the shots is actually a huge benefit to people with arthritis and fibromyalgia.  They swear it helps with the pain.  :yes:

My aunt and I drove down to Tullahoma, Tennessee today to scope out possible locations for another weight loss clinic.  We found the perfect place on the main street in town...right next door to a weight loss clinic.  :woot:  :rofl:  I think we'll keep looking.  :grin:

Good morning, happy campers!  For no reason at all, at 4:00 am I was like  8|  and couldn't get back to sleep.  I'll probably crash and burn by noon today and need a Holly nap.

Ant is flying into Knoxville on Friday for my dad's annual family reunion.  We'll stay in Knoxville for a couple of days, then we're going canoeing with my aunt and uncle and some of our neighbors.  It should be lots of fun!  I wish Ant could stay forever but no word yet on his immigration.  :nono:

Some how I suspect your insomnia could be cured buy next Saturday Holly.  :P

Hot and more hot for today with possible rain and cooler Thursday. Ive seen quite a few hen turkeys with chicks this summer. Must have been good weather for them. My decision to stop mowing my trails is helping I think. They walk down those trails and were getting picked off by hawks, owls and coyotes. We didnt see the little coons yesterday however we might have just missed them because I didnt put out wet dog food for them. I want them to fend for them selves. Little Green Herons are very active over on the pond. They may be nesting there.

Hot here today, but thunderstorms are supposed to move through the area tonight and tomorrow. Some of the corn here is starting to curl a bit, so the rain would be helpful.

On Sunday on the drive home, as we were going over a small bridge, we saw a doe with a spotted fawn walking through the stream. Would have been a wonderful picture.

Yesterday, my wife saw a doe eating in the field across the road, then a mother raccoon with two little ones went wandering through the yard.  Last night,  had another (or maybe the same) raccoon checking out the garden.

Good morning, happy campers!  For no reason at all, at 4:00 am I was like  8|  and couldn't get back to sleep.  I'll probably crash and burn by noon today and need a Holly nap.

Ant is flying into Knoxville on Friday for my dad's annual family reunion.  We'll stay in Knoxville for a couple of days, then we're going canoeing with my aunt and uncle and some of our neighbors.  It should be lots of fun!  I wish Ant could stay forever but no word yet on his immigration.  :nono:

I would think with the two of you being married now, that immigration would be a lot easier?  I hope it all works out. Do you think he will be able to make it to Farmagendon?

~ It was a New Moon, on Mid Summer's Eve. No wonder you were like ---->  8|

I was the same way. Powerful energy in the air last night cool14.gif  very powerful.

Happy Summer Soltice everybody.  :wave:

Yes, we give Myoden/B-12 shots to help retain muscle while losing the fat.  A side effect of the shots is actually a huge benefit to people with arthritis and fibromyalgia.  They swear it helps with the pain.  :yes:

Cool! You learn something new everyday.

The last rain a few days ago it had been so hot and dry I went out on the deck nakid in the rain.  scared011.gif

Then of course my neighbor cousin called 911 and reported a pink hippo loose.  oops.gif

The last rain a few days ago it had been so hot and dry I went out on the deck nakid in the rain.  scared011.gif

Then of course my neighbor cousin called 911 and reported a pink hippo loose.  oops.gif

You're lucky.  When I do that, those bastards from Greenpeace keep trying to drag me back out so sea...