WildSurvive Forum
Bravo

Campfire Talk

Thats great!  When are you planning on arriving at Swedes?

~ Uh.....  after I find my way from GA to there after stopping at about 500 gas stations and asking where to go next.  :P

you see.... I do not have a GPS, and I have absolutely no sense of direction, and I can't read a map. So I'm just going to feel my way.  :unsure:  kinda like the Whales and the birds find their way around. Oh, and those butterflies that go from like Alaska to South America and land in some big tree forest.  :hugegrin:

~ Uh.....  after I find my way from GA to there after stopping at about 500 gas stations and asking where to go next.  :P

you see.... I do not have a GPS, and I have absolutely no sense of direction, and I can't read a map. So I'm just going to feel my way.

she will be there monday  :P

you see.... I do not have a GPS, and I have absolutely no sense of direction, and I can't read a map. So I'm just going to feel my way.  :unsure:  kinda like the Whales and the birds find their way around. Oh, and those butterflies that go from like Alaska to South America and land in some big tree forest.  :hugegrin:

It's an easy route, there aren't that many necessary turns. However there is ample opportunity to make more turns than you can possibly imagine. Lots of wide open space up there, be careful starting the wandering lest you never stop :)

It's an easy route, there aren't that many necessary turns. However there is ample opportunity to make more turns than you can possibly imagine. Lots of wide open space up there, be careful starting the wandering lest you never stop :)

~ I figure I'll reach out to that old tree....  she'll take over my controls and reel me on in.  :smoke:

In the defense of Taken, we like for the youngins to check in once a day to ease our minds. Even just for a hello. Must be our Mommy side. lol I like to hear from Watcher too.

Has anyone been watching the new series on NBC called "Revolution"? I have watched the first two now and it seems to have potential. It kind of reminds me of a combination of the books "Dies the Fire" and "One Second After"

I don't have Cable, but this looked interesting.  I watched a couple of the previews online.  I may watch it when the episodes are available online or buy the DVD's in a couple years when they are cheap if it pans out to be a good show.

Has anyone been watching the new series on NBC called "Revolution"? I have watched the first two now and it seems to have potential. It kind of reminds me of a combination of the books "Dies the Fire" and "One Second After"

I caught the first one and set the rest to record. I agree. It has potential. Good writing. I'm concerned that they'll go all "Lost" on us and start flashing back and forth 40 times a show. I enjoyed Lost, but that drove me nuts.

I don't have Cable, but this looked interesting.  I watched a couple of the previews online.  I may watch it when the episodes are available online or buy the DVD's in a couple years when they are cheap if it pans out to be a good show.

One of the places we're looking to move to doesn't have cable. Just dish. We (I) am seriously considering nixing any of it. I think we'll be better off. She said "what are we going to do with all that time" I said  :naughty: She said  :reallymad: I said  sad042.gif she said  whip.gif ... :help:

One of the places we're looking to move to doesn't have cable. Just dish. We (I) am seriously considering nixing any of it. I think we'll be better off. She said "what are we going to do with all that time" I said  :naughty:

She said  :reallymad: I said  sad042.gif she said  whip.gif ... :help:

LOL,  now that there was funny.  LMAO.

I ended up in the same position when we shut down cable.  My wife didn't like it at first, but now she is used to watching her shows at her own time online when she wants to.

I may find more humor in it after my bruises heal.  :eyebrow:

Seriously though. I love to read and I'm tired of being a slave to the boob tube.

I'm weak though, if it's there, I'll watch. Especially if its SOA or The walking dead.

Some stuff to do......

Read,

workout,

draw,

play cards,

hike,

bike,

carve

I was the same way,  I not only had to watch every episode of every show I liked,  I would record countless hours of shows until I had 200 hours of TV shows saved and could not even find time to watch them all.  Then one day I said to myself "Don" (I call myself Don when I speak to myself).  You need to change this.  So I just cold turkey, deleted all the shows and walked away.  I still catch a little show here and there when my wife is watching one on her computer, but not having to schedule anything around TV season/times etc really helped.  Now the kids are in every sport/activity imaginable and we still have no free time LOL

We been watchin Yukon Men. At first I thought it was another staged event but it got serious when a few guys went goose hunting in the spring and waited too long to go back because the river was thawing. One of the hunters in the group that gathered before going back didnt make it back and drowned when his snow mobile went into open water.

They were trapping in late winter and actually filmed them catching beavers, martin, lynx and a wolverine and had to club some to death. That kind of stuff rarely gets on TV. One guy shot a wolf out on the ice.