WildSurvive Forum
Bravo

Campfire Talk

I would be fine with getting rid of cable TV, but our internet comes through our cable system and they will not provide internet unless you pay for cable TV also. My job requires me to have internet at home. So I am kind of stuck. To be honest I would rather not do without my internet unless its a have to thing anyway.

We been watchin Yukon Men. At first I thought it was another staged event but it got serious when a few guys went goose hunting in the spring and waited too long to go back because the river was thawing. One of the hunters in the group that gathered before going back didnt make it back and drowned when his snow mobile went into open water.

They were trapping in late winter and actually filmed them catching beavers, martin, lynx and a wolverine and had to club some to death. That kind of stuff rarely gets on TV. One guy shot a wolf out on the ice.

I like Yukon men better than Mountain men. That show just didn't seem totally real.

I agree, It's much more real. Screw around up there and die. The end.

I caught the first one and set the rest to record. I agree. It has potential. Good writing. I'm concerned that they'll go all "Lost" on us and start flashing back and forth 40 times a show. I enjoyed Lost, but that drove me nuts.

~ Same here. I think the writers just lost it. And in the process.... they lost me. You can't mess with my head like that and expect me to stick around. No way. I bailed in the last season.

~ I'm gonna need a list of names and phone numbers so I can check in along the way. Everytime I stop for gas, or stop to pee or stop to eat or whatever else I have to stop for, I'm talking to somebody until I get back in my car. I don't wanna be in some ditch on the side of the road somewhere between here and there. Or maybe I'll just start my own thread called "taken's stopping along the way."  :thumbsup:

It will be the total opposite of the "Where's OFG thread" There will be NO guesswork involved. So I can keep a public record of every place I stop, so if you lose contact with me, you'll know exactly where I was, and what place I stopped at, and what the strangers around me looked like, and their license plate numbers, and physical descriptions/photos and stuff.  :P :rofl:  I watch Investigative Discovery channel, the more clues I leave the sooner I get out of Buffalo Bill's basement.

"I'll be like, "yeah, uh huh, he's got me in some celler/well type place. there are broken fingernails in the sides so I don't think I'm EVEN gonna try to climb out.  I dunno, he's playing music up there, and he's got makeup on and it looks like his penis is stuck between his legs like he's ashamed of it...so I doubt I'm getting raped.  on a scale of one to ten, how much bad ass do I need to bring to get outta this?"  :smoke:  Then you folks can chime in with your opinions and ideas.  :hugegrin:

~ I'm gonna need a list of names and phone numbers so I can check in along the way. Everytime I stop for gas, or stop to pee or stop to eat or whatever else I have to stop for, I'm talking to somebody until I get back in my car. I don't wanna be in some ditch on the side of the road somewhere between here and there. Or maybe I'll just start my own thread called "taken's stopping along the way."  :thumbsup:

It will be the total opposite of the "Where's OFG thread" There will be NO guesswork involved. So I can keep a public record of every place I stop, so if you lose contact with me, you'll know exactly where I was, and what place I stopped at, and what the strangers around me looked like, and their license plate numbers, and physical descriptions and stuff.  :P :rofl:  I watch Investigative Discovery channel, the more clues I leave the sooner I get out of Buffalo Bill's basement.

"I'll be like, "yeah, uh huh, he's got me in some celler/well type place. there are broken fingernails in the sides so I don't think I'm EVEN gonna try to climb out.  I dunno, he's playing music up there, and he's got makeup on and it looks like his penis is stuck between his legs like he's ashamed of it...so I doubt I'm getting raped.  on a scale of one to ten, how much bad ass do I need to bring to get outta this?"  :smoke:  Then you folks can chime in with your opinions and ideas.  :hugegrin:

Do we really have to know when you stop to piddle?

It will be the total opposite of the "Where's OFG thread" There will be NO guesswork involved. So I can keep a public record of every place I stop, so if you lose contact with me, you'll know exactly where I was, and what place I stopped at, and what the strangers around me looked like, and their license plate numbers, and physical descriptions and stuff.  :P :rofl:  I watch Investigative Discovery channel, the more clues I leave the sooner I get out of Buffalo Bill's basement.

Text us your GPS coordinates. We'll mark your progress on Google Earth.

It will be the total opposite of the "Where's OFG thread" There will be NO guesswork involved. So I can keep a public record of every place I stop, so if you lose contact with me, you'll know exactly where I was, and what place I stopped at, and what the strangers around me looked like, and their license plate numbers, and physical descriptions/photos and stuff.  :P :rofl:  I watch Investigative Discovery channel, the more clues I leave the sooner I get out of Buffalo Bill's basement.

Remember, the blue lines on the map are water. :)

~ Oh.... THANK you. I was wondering what the hell those crooked roads were that just went ON and ON and ON to nowhere.  wacky115.gif

Important to know when you phone in theose progress report. I'm on the side of the highway, next to the Winn Dixie and the Cracker Barrel across the river. There's much traffic going by.

Important to know when you phone in theose progress report. I'm on the side of the highway, next to the Winn Dixie and the Cracker Barrel across the river. There's much traffic going by.

~ Yeah....  that ought to narrow it down to one out of a million Cracker Barrels located on major exits across the U.S.  :rofl:

~ Yeah....  that ought to narrow it down to one out of a million Cracker Barrels located on major exits across the U.S.  :rofl:

Details. What was the special? What was the servers name? If you left a decent tip, would they rememeber you if you went missing on the 6:00 news?

Details. What was the special? What was the servers name? If you left a decent tip, would they rememeber you if you went missing on the 6:00 news?

I could go for Cracker Barrel right now. I could go for crackers. Our receptionist left early today and I'm stuck answering the phone. No lunch for Muddy.

~ no worries. I'll probably pack my own food. I'm picky about what I eat. Here's my Cracker Barrel detail....  the special is chicken and dumplings and meatloaf.... THIS particular Cracker Barrel has lots of wooden rocking chairs on the front porch and they're for sale, AND.... there are lots of giant colorful round lolly pops for sale inside.  :blink:

If I stop at a Cracker Barrel y'all will KNOW I've been car-jacked.