WildSurvive Forum
Bravo

Campfire Talk

~ God, my kids watch that movie like it's some cult classic. They know Every line, every quote....  it's crazy.

i liked it, i thought it was funny to watch once or twice.

i liked it, i thought it was funny to watch once or twice.

~ I liked it too. because it was kind of real...  in that nobody in the movie was a known star. I have no idea why it appealed to so many people, but I think that because they used basic people as their characters hit home to a lot of folks. Everybody could relate to somebody! We have it on DVD. :P

~ I liked it too. because it was kind of real...  in that nobody in the movie was a known star. I have no idea why it appealed to so many people, but I think that because they used basic people as their characters hit home to a lot of folks. Everybody could relate to somebody! We have it on DVD. :P

and thats why the breakfast club will always be one of my altime favorite movies. we all could relate to one of the characters. or more than one.

and thats why the breakfast club will always be one of my altime favorite movies. we all could relate to one of the characters. or more than one.

~ Which one did you relate to?  cool14.gif  I couldn't relate to any of the girls in that movie. I wasn't the emo chick, and I wasn't the popular chick. I was the invisible chick...  the one that ducked out and went to the creek. I hid behind the popular kids, the jocks and the freaks. I would've NEVER been targeted by any psycho kid walking into school with a gun. I'm not at the head of the line.... or the end of the line... but somewhere in between. I wasn't hated, I was well-liked, but I didn't stand out THAT much. I can't help but wonder, is that a survivor trait?  cool14.gif

In the proverbial Class picture... Where do survivors stand?

~ Which one did you relate to?  cool14.gif  I couldn't relate to any of the girls in that movie. I wasn't the emo chick, and I wasn't the popular chick. I was the invisible chick...  the one that ducked out and went to the creek. I hid behind the popular kids, the jocks and the freaks. I would've NEVER been targeted by any psycho kid walking into school with a gun. I'm not at the head of the line.... or the end of the line... but somewhere in between. I can't help but wonder, is that a survivor trait?  cool14.gif

In the Class picture... Where do survivors stand?

that could be. i was a cross between the sport guy, and judd hearch. yet i was quiet like the nerd. i fit in anywhere but never stood out anywhere, so yeah...maby it it is a survivor gene.

that could be. i was a cross between the sport guy, and judd hearch. yet i was quiet like the nerd. i fit in anywhere but never stood out anywhere, so yeah...maby it it is a survivor gene.

~ you don't call attention to yourself...  you blend in, but stay on high alert. Function at a high level, but you don't strive to stand out. Focus and Attention on you makes you uncomfortable and nervous

~ you don't call attention to yourself...  you blend in, but stay on high alert. Function at a high level, but you don't strive to stand out. Focus and Attention on you makes you uncomfortable and nervous

yep..thats me  bland to the bone  :rofl:

yep..thats me  bland to the bone  :rofl:

~ That's just your public persona.  cool14.gif  We're all different once people get to know us. I think that's another survivor trait. Do your friends ever tell other folks... "Once you get to know so and so... they really aren't so quiet or ...  withdrawn." or "They're really funny!"  cool14.gif

~ That's just your public persona.  cool14.gif  We're all different once people get to know us. I think that's another survivor trait. Do your friends ever tell other folks... "Once you get to know so and so... they really aren't so quiet or ...  withdrawn." or "They're really funny!"  cool14.gif

yep, im that guy.  :hugegrin:

~ and I'm that girl. That's what everybody says about me....  "she's really quiet until you get to know her." 

Obviously y'all know me.  :smoke:

yep, put a few beers in me and i cant shut up.  :P

Hi folks.  Sorry I haven't been really active around here lately but it's festival time in the mountains with things like the (Lack of) Talent Show going on.  In addition I've been pretty sick lately, a UTI has had me down and now I think the medication (including Cipro) is making my stomach hate me.  Two slices of toast , a small yogurt cup (doc wants me eating pro-biotics) and one cup of coffee this morning and I'm sick as a dog.  I have to see the urinologist (sp?)  today and I'll take time to ask him and my regular doc about my gut.  If this doesn't clear up soon I'm going to have to swear off food forever.