WildSurvive Forum
Bravo

Campfire Talk

More deer showing up but the next four days of deer slaughter is coming up.

Morning moon.

Jupiter should be very close to the full moon, just above this morning.

Hey, OFG and KW!  :wave:

I'm getting ready to do some housework, then some office paperwork.  It's so nice to be able to do most of the office work at home.  Our weight loss clinics are only open on Thursday, Friday, and half a day on Saturday but I spend two full days doing paperwork, ordering medical supplies, scheduling, etc.  I'm lucky that I actually enjoy all that stuff!  :woot:

Good evening! Got my gas logs working this evening. I have to clean them every fall with high pressure air or they will not stay lit, not sure what gets dusty, but a quick blast of air from the compressor seems to do the trick every time.

I saw it and you saved me opening my star program. This must mean we will have a full moon on Christmas?

Good evening! Got my gas logs working this evening. I have to clean them every fall with high pressure air or they will not stay lit, not sure what gets dusty, but a quick blast of air from the compressor seems to do the trick every time.

My gas stove with logs has to have the white powder blown off the igniter sensor before it will lite.

I saw it and you saved me opening my star program. This must mean we will have a full moon on Christmas?

Yep, and Jupiter will be hanging out with the full moon again then.

Good morning.

A sunny cool morning here - sun just now coming up.

I'm off the next couple of days, so I think it's about nap time. 

Only new 80 spammer accounts overnight.

I can't remember from when I signed up, but have you implemented the registration QA option yet?  (If you have ignore this LOL).

You have 3 simple questions like "What is the first word in "Wild Survive" and "How many licks does it take to get to the center of a 31 lick lolipop" etc, etc.

Change the questions every quarter and you'll kill about 85% to 90% of the automated spam tools. 

Save yourselves a lot of spammer work.

I can't remember from when I signed up, but have you implemented the registration QA option yet?  (If you have ignore this LOL).

You have 3 simple questions like "What is the first word in "Wild Survive" and "How many licks does it take to get to the center of a 31 lick lolipop" etc, etc.

Change the questions every quarter and you'll kill about 85% to 90% of the automated spam tools. 

I believe this is already in place, Doc, but thanks.  These were the ones that get through that process and have to be manually reviewed.  The review process is relatively simple as well - suspected spammers are color coded, so if their name is jibberish, see ya.  Just have to then check the ones that are not known spammers and have a name and email that are not obviously bogus. 

It still amazes me how many still sign up.  In the last week and a half (even with new registration turned off for a couple of days), we have gone from 110,000 rejected to 126,000 rejected.

All the guests and spammer hits adds to our traffic and the heavy traffic is what causes the spammers to take notice. Its a catch 22.  Actually traffic like we have makes advertising something worth looking into.  :hmm:

Im proud to say that Sharen and I contributed six dollars to some one in Missouri and some one in Arizona.  :cry:

I'm surprised you have that many manual spammer attempts.  (the automated are understandable and changing the security questions periodically really helps kill them).  I saw the two new accounts looking for approval this morning and ran the IP's past stop forum spam and they were both spammers extraordinaire LOL.  I can kill these also when I see them to lower the spammer workload.  (This is what we do at TSP).  With over 20,000 members and 20 admins/moderators.  We spread the workload pretty well.  Many hands make short work.

Make them qualify.

500 word essay on why they love bacon.

500 word essay on why they loved the TV show Glee. Anyone who gets this far is an automatic ban from the internet.

Post a recipe for Rutabaga pie.

Well, the work pool at work (Of which I joined this time) won the lottery.  :woot: :woot: scared011.gif

Unfortunately it's not enough to retire on LOL.    The 37 people bought 90 tickets and we won $15.00.  Gonna get started on that homestead right away LOL

Jupiter should be very close to the full moon, just above this morning.

It was indeed, I was surprised by how well is was showing up this morning.  It was very clear last night, perfect for stargazing if you can handle the cold.  I was, of course, in bed before 9:30....

My buddy and boss, Kevin, had his house robbed while he and his family were gone during the day yesterday.  Laptops, Ipads, Ipods, and jewelry all gone.  Larry--Kevin's kid in the pictures of me at our station's satellite dish--is a special needs kid and he doesn't handle a lot of things well and has been pretty scared since then.  I don't think any of them slept last night.  This time of year is an especially good time to review your home security plans.

I lost my guns and some stuff years back. Your right about sleeping after some one has broken in. You feel violated.

Breakins are getting to be more and more common around our area. Drugs are  a major reason and always will be. Now the lack of jobs in our area will be a major driving force too unfortunately.

I lost my guns and some stuff years back. Your right about sleeping after some one has broken in. You feel violated.

Every aspect of my private life has been broken into and thrown out into the open. Printed out... handed out, and some of it used against me in a court of law. A thief comes in many packages, shapes and disguises. They all want to take what they can't rightly earn.