WildSurvive Forum
Bravo

Campfire Talk

i saw a post online that said these mass shooters always seem to hit "soft" targets like schools. They never try it at an NRA convention. Wonder why that is? Maybe they should try the Cedar creek valley...Swede has a survival rifle...

i saw a post online that said these mass shooters always seem to hit "soft" targets like schools. They never try it at an NRA convention. Wonder why that is? Maybe they should try the Cedar creek valley...Swede has a survival rifle...

I read somewhere that the shooter in Aurora had bigger theaters closer to his home.

He targeted that one because of it's "gun free zone" policy.

:nono:

Strong winds and starting to rain here, but if its going to snow the temps will have to drop a lot. Currently 50 degrees here right now. They are calling for snow squalls tonight into tomorrow morning.

A foot or so of snow and blowing here. Blizzard conditions, travel not advised (and of course the local TV stations have knuckleheads out driving around...), I can see maybe 1/4 mile from my house. Nice big snow drift in front of my garage door.

We have more snow already from this first storm that all last winter. 

The wind is still blowing that storm this way.  Gusts of 40 to 50 mph and rain right now.  They're calling for one to two inches of snow through Tuesday, but are saying that they believe that some snow bands may lay down more locally.  The wind/snow combination in the morning will make for a lovely drive to work.

Its still snowing here and wind around 35-40 it looks like. Near white out conditions and their closing highways. Im not even going out to see what kind of drifts Im going to have to deal with but Ive got my skid loader in the garage and Ive got some more diesel fuel and five gallon of hydraulic oil just in case.

"Girl Of The North Country"

If you're traveling in the north country fair

Where the winds hit heavy on the borderline

Remember me to one who lives there

She once was the true love of mine.

If you go when the snowflakes storm

When the rivers freeze and summer ends

Please see if she's a coat so warm

To keep her from the howlin' winds.

Please see if her hair hangs long

If it rolls and flows all down her breast

Please see from me if her hair hangs long

That's the way I remember her best.

I'm a-wonderin' if she remember me at all

Many times I've often prayed

In the darkness of my night

In the brightness of my day.

So if you're travelin' in the north country fair

Where the winds hit heavy on the borderline

Remember me to one who lives there

She once was a true love of mine.

Well, it's late. I'm tossing a log on the ol' campfire. I'm not feeling the holly jolly this year. I'm hoping that everyone is safe and not in a ditch or out in snowstorm. Night all.

I'm safe at home with my family.  Just like we do when it hails, we are going to run out and collect meteors during the apocalypse.    It's a tough, tough year to feel jolly, so many horrible things happening to this country.  I will do my best to stay positive for the both of us Muddy.  have a good night.

“I believe that there is one story in the world, and only one. . . . Humans are caught—in their lives, in their thoughts, in their hungers and ambitions, in their avarice and cruelty, and in their kindness and generosity too—in a net of good and evil. . . . There is no other story. A man, after he has brushed off the dust and chips of his life, will have left only the hard, clean questions: Was it good or was it evil? Have I done well—or ill?”

― John Steinbeck, East of Eden

Guest smallgamehunter

Its dec 21 2012 end of the mayan calendar. New 400 year cycle begins tomorrow

The end of the world was close here but now the sun is up its 14 degrees and wind out of the north west. Theres a four foot drift between my garage and the cabin and no snow plow as yet. Theres so many abandoned cars around the snow plows cant get the roads open. I crunched out on the frozen snow to put out bird seed and they were in mass before I could get back in the house. Were cut off from the outside world.  :scared:

Were cut off from the outside world.  :scared:

Must be nice, sure wish I could manage that.  :hugegrin: :woot: :woot:

Must be nice, sure wish I could manage that.  :hugegrin: :woot: :woot:

I can relate, Doc.

Drift in front of my garage door, so I'm going to have to get the snow blower out. Driveway is scoured out though. 

A woodpecker has dominance at the bird feeder this morning, making the blue jays wait their turn.

An absolutely stunning day here.  Bright sunshine, a fresh covering of snow, cool with a slight breeze. 

Happy End of the 13th b'ak'tun, everyone!