WildSurvive Forum
Bravo

Campfire Talk

I just got back from a ride to the west bottom. Swedesneighbor ran all the deer over on my side and their all over the place. I liked to froze my ass off.  :sad:

I survived another day of ice skating.  Made it an hour and a half and didn't fall. Both boys went this time. My legs will be sore in the morning.

“Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.” – Bob Marley

Or after ice skating.  "Some people feel the pain, others just get bruised".  LOL

I miss roller skating, when I met my wife, we roller skated every weekend.  I havn't been on skates in about 5 or 6 years now.  I think we will try it again in the next couple weeks (if my feet still fit in my skates).

Thanks for the incentive OFG, I really miss skating.

Doc

Good Morning Campers! Back at the plant today and off tomorrow. Hope everyone has a good New Years eve tonight however  or where ever you might celebrate it. Be careful there could be some Zombies on the highways tonight. lol

A sad day today, laying to rest a great guy taken far too young.  Adam has been a friend of mine for many years, he ran youth archery league at our local bowhunters where we've been members for about 4 years now.  My boys just adored him.  He loved kids and loved helping them learn to shoot. My boys are better archers because of him as are the hundred of kids who have gone through the leagues with him.  He was only 38.  He would drop everything to help a fellow hunter and was always at home the most in the woods.  I was supposed to get a tag and go bowhunting this year, but just never made the time.  He was going to teach me dress it and butcher it.  I now regret not getting that tag, I missed the opportunity to learn from someone who has spent his entire life in the field hunting.  I will forever regret that.    Rest in peace Adam.  You will be sorely missed.    :(

http://www.goettschonline.com/sitemaker/sites/GOETTS1/obit.cgi?user=856598Gangestad

I was out in the sun room watching a coyote coming across my cousins field working his way towards my small group of trees in the south end of the pond pasture. I got my .243 ready and was waiting for him to stick his head out when a trapper I know came slowly down the lane. He flushed the coyote out and he ran west along my south fence till he got clear down on the west end of the bean field and sat there. Maybe 500 yards. He finally went north way out of range. Sonny is going to call Cris the trapper and tell him he messed up my hunt.  :D

i got the email thing sorted, i am now receiving email notifications again

and now i can get them on my phone!

thanks lads

I see the Senators got a much deserved raise in pay.  :rant:

Well, It's for all the hard work they do, fleecing the common man.  Takes a lot of effort to do that.  Slowly destroying a nation takes lots of hard work  love072.gif

Sorry about your friend, Doc.  A lot of the good ones go way too soon while a few others we could afford to let go manage to stick around for years.

I'm back from vacation, got to see my family and had a generally pretty good time.  It's good to be back!

To all my friends here I hope you have a very Happy and Safe New Year!

~ I rode 18 miles on the riverwalk yesterday. It KILLED me.  :dead:  I went twenty the last time, but I was on a rented bike. I think the type of bike must play into it a bit. I was having to push the bike up hills by the end. LOL....  and when I hopped off the last time to push it up the hill to the car, I thought my legs were going to buckle on me.  :rofl:

the bike plays a huge role. its suprising how a bike that only costs 3times as much as a wal mart bike is about 100 times easyer to pedal ride and alot lighter to boot.

the bike plays a huge role. its suprising how a bike that only costs 3times as much as a wal mart bike is about 100 times easyer to pedal ride and alot lighter to boot.

~ maybe so.....  but if I keep riding this bitch of a bike......  I'll have legs like Arnold before Spring.  :P :rofl: