WildSurvive Forum
Bravo

Campfire Talk

Thats our statue dog we call woof woof. I dont want any more pets with all this wild life around.

That and the time he intentionally cut himself and then cauterized the wound with black powder...

I didn't read back to see what everyone had posted but I read that he lied about his duties in the service and they didn't want people questioning the integrity of the show. I like to watch his pathfinder school videos on YouTube. How's the new guy? I had to work last night.

the 13 in 13 is a group of 13 skill sets to either strengthen or learn in 2013.

its a thing off www.thesurvivalpodcast.com, it s a podcast i listen too, its quite good, ive also pimped us to the author of it also, kinda jabbing at publicity.

one of the skills was canning, mason jars etc........today was pickled egg day, first thing ive ever canned, and i guess in a couple weeks i will know how they turned out, as you have to let em sit for a few weeks, or i will have some nasty rotten  eggs in the pantry.

salsa is next

if this turns out ok

is that your cat in the last pic on the bottom left scoping out all the deer?

Thats our statue dog we call woof woof. I dont want any more pets with all this wild life around.

Howdy folks!  We may finally get to see some sunshine today for the first time since Sunday when the sun very barely made a weak appearance.  We've had low cloud, snow, rain, sleet and drizzle for the last few days and nights.  There's quite the snow and frost line formed up around 2500ft!

It sounds like it may be an isolated incident with an overzealous assistant manager.

Where it happened and why is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned. If it's Denny's corporate policy to have a no gun zone in their place's, they don't get my cash. I don't solicit anyplace that would disarm me and make me a potential victim. I just found out the same thing about Cabelas.

doh.gif

From the article:

Denny released a statement that said in part “Denny’s policy permits law enforcement officials to carry their firearms in the restaurant and we regret any misunderstanding.”

Because only law enforcement officers have a right to defend themselves.  Pushaw.

I like Iowa, if they don't see the gun and ask me to leave, I carry everywhere allowed by law, regardless of the "Come here and shoot innocent unarmed people" signs that may be on the window. 

The last time I went to Cabelas I had to disarm (because the closest one is in Wisconsin), I had decided to never give them another dime of my money. 

doh.gif

From the article:

Denny released a statement that said in part “Denny’s policy permits law enforcement officials to carry their firearms in the restaurant and we regret any misunderstanding.”

Yes I read that. I am reffering to MY rights.  doh.gif 

permits law enforcement officials to carry their firearms

The last time I went to Cabelas I had to disarm (because the closest one is in Wisconsin), I had decided to never give them another dime of my money. 

:thumbup:

After I found out about Cabelas, I sent them an email nicely telling them what I thought of their policy and where I wouldn't be spending my money. IMO, just boycotting isn't enough. We need to let places like these know that it is unacceptable. Otherwise, they don't know why profits are going down. This is the reply I got.

We appreciate your feedback about your recent visit to our Scarborough store. It is store policy to not have any firearms being carried into the store without first being checked in. I apologize for any inconveniences this may cause you. I have forwarded your comments on to proper management for review and documentation purposes. Please let us know if you have any further comments or inquiries, we would be happy to assist you.

You guys living in Illinois might want to take a look at this:

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/fulltext.asp?DocName=09700HB1263sam005&GA=97&SessionId=84&DocTypeId=HB&LegID=57242&DocNum=1263&GAID=11&Session

You may be looking at a ban on any type of semi-automatic firearm that accepts detachable magazines (any semi-auto pistol like a Glock or 1911, rifles like the Remington Woodsmaster, etc).  This is a quote from the full text of HB1263: 

" (C-1) a semi-automatic rifle or pistol with a fixed  magazine that has the capacity to accept more than 10

rounds of ammunition;  :(C-2) a semi-automatic rifle or a pistol with the capacity to accept a detachable magazine, a muzzle  brake, or muzzle compensator;  (D) a semi-automatic shotgun that has any of the following: (i) a folding or telescoping stock; (ii) a pistol grip or thumbhole stock; (iii) a fixed magazine capacity in excess of rounds; or  (iv) an ability to accept a detachable magazine."

"For the purposes of this Section, a firearm is considered to have the ability to accept a detachable magazine unless the magazine or ammunition feeding device can only be removed through disassembly of the firearm action."

I don't know if this is all true, but you might want to check on it.

Good point Insane, I didn't send a letter, but I should have.  In fact I think I'll sit down tonight and write up a good general purpose letter to send to any of these places.

Thanks

Doc

Thats probably a proposal Bob and its probably on sales of new ones. We got Chicago murder capital of the U.S. where the bulk of killings is automatic pistols.

The vast majority of the firearm deaths in Chicago are with semi-auto weapons, not automatic weapons.  I'm looking for the FBI stats on this (I have seen them before but don't have time to pull them up right now).  I want to say the FBI has only recorded a very small number of automatic weapons in use in firearm deaths.

I'll find the stats later when I get back.  Got to go swap our a bad network switch right now. 

House Bill 1263 has already passed through the Illinois Senate Public Health Committee, along with House Bill 815.  It's not likely to pass, but it's in motion.