WildSurvive Forum
Bravo

Campfire Talk

You guys living in Illinois might want to take a look at this:

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/fulltext.asp?DocName=09700HB1263sam005&GA=97&SessionId=84&DocTypeId=HB&LegID=57242&DocNum=1263&GAID=11&Session

You may be looking at a ban on any type of semi-automatic firearm that accepts detachable magazines (any semi-auto pistol like a Glock or 1911, rifles like the Remington Woodsmaster, etc).  This is a quote from the full text of HB1263: 

" (C-1) a semi-automatic rifle or pistol with a fixed  magazine that has the capacity to accept more than 10

rounds of ammunition;  :(C-2) a semi-automatic rifle or a pistol with the capacity to accept a detachable magazine, a muzzle  brake, or muzzle compensator;  (D) a semi-automatic shotgun that has any of the following: (i) a folding or telescoping stock; (ii) a pistol grip or thumbhole stock; (iii) a fixed magazine capacity in excess of rounds; or  (iv) an ability to accept a detachable magazine."

"For the purposes of this Section, a firearm is considered to have the ability to accept a detachable magazine unless the magazine or ammunition feeding device can only be removed through disassembly of the firearm action."

I don't know if this is all true, but you might want to check on it.

in the imortal words of forest gump, stupid is what stupid does....

in the imortal words of forest gump, stupid is what stupid does....

I just heard on the news that this bill stalled for now in the Senate. Apperently they knew better that to try pushing such a sweeping, not well thought out thing thru.

The bad reality is, it is just the beginning...keep some storage space open Razor...

I just heard on the news that this bill stalled for now in the Senate. Apperently they knew better that to try pushing such a sweeping, not well thought out thing thru.

The bad reality is, it is just the beginning...keep some storage space open Razor...

will do my friend.

Where it happened and why is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned. If it's Denny's corporate policy to have a no gun zone in their place's, they don't get my cash. I don't solicit anyplace that would disarm me and make me a potential victim. I just found out the same thing about Cabelas.

The Cabelas here in CT isn't like that. The only firearms you have check and empty are guns you are selling them or having work done on. There's a sign that says this "does not apply to legal ccw holders".

The Cabelas here in CT isn't like that. The only firearms you have check and empty are guns you are selling them or having work done on. There's a sign that says this "does not apply to legal ccw holders".

Nice! It must be up to the store management and not a sweeping company policy. The one in Maine had armed

security guards checking all weapons. They didn't have a metal detector so if you were well concealed they'd never know.

I think we've covered the gun ban thing enough.

Understood.  I didn't mean anything by it, just offered the information in case anyone was interested.  It won't be done again.

Thanks you. Where were concerned should be survival related.We watch our politics and adjust where we have to be able to protect our selves.

Yesterday morning there was an armed robbery of an eating joint in Galesburg Il. This kid helped me build the big deck on my house. He was a great guy and a hard worker but fell on hard times and was homeless and freezing so I guess he had nothing to loose. Hes facing 5 to 30 years but at least he will be eating, warm and have health care. He was arrested three hours later because he didnt even try to cover his face.

deck1l.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

i have posted something of a poll in the hunting section, would love some feedback

cheers

I'm too lazy. That's why I asked. :whistle:

Leggings for men. They look like long underwear. Justin Bieber wears them...

Leggings for men. They look like long underwear. Justin Bieber wears them...

I know Justin Bieber . Hes a friend of mine. Believe me your no Justin Bieber .

Better be a tactical tutu.  happy061.gif

to be honest. A lot of mountaineers were womans leggings thingies. Its been proven to help keep you warm in extreme climates. Ive never worn any myself but if its camo  hell I might get some.  Ill pass on the tutu  :hugegrin: