WildSurvive Forum
Bravo

Campfire Talk

Well I have spent the last 2 nights in Las Vegas, NV. I am not impressed at all with this city (or any city for that matter). I would have left the day I got here had it not been for my wife having to attend a work conference. They can have their bright lights and all the s@$#  that goes with it.  Everyone here is out to scam you out of your money in some form or fashion. I did get to spend yesterday afternoon at Nellis AFB with an old enlisted buddy and I enjoyed that and the free air show. We are headed out to Lake Meade(Hoover Dam) and the Grand Canyon shortly. I think that will be more to my liking. I hope to post some pictures tonight. KW out for now.

Yep, I went to Vegas once back 92 for a friends wedding.  (He was from Henderson).  Hoover was AMAZING,  You just can't get the scale of something like that from pictures, you have to stand there. 

The city was crap, I was a bit of a sociologist and kind of enjoy people watching sometimes so it was interesting.  Did have a great time for the bachelor party in Ceasars palace and the Luxor (Luxor had only opened less than a month before).    We were in one of the hallway/shopping areas during the Holyfield fight when the "Fan Man" landed in the ring.  We were watching the fight on the wall monitors (didn't have tickets).   

I would probably not go back.  I have had a couple of chances for IT conferences the last 10 years and just never felt like it.  Not my kind of place at all. 

Page 7500 if you can believe it and they said the campfire thread wouldnt last. :smoke:

Still raining here. My pond is filling up finally. Needs more then this though. Stopped and visited Doro and Blair on our way back from putting a live trap in our other house. Dam coons  :curse:

Still not in a ditch!  1 week of my CNA in class, and then 2 weeks of clinicals and I'm done! 

One city that I love, is New Orleans.  It is unlike any other place that I have been.  The people and culture is so rich, it can't be beat.

Raining here. 1-2" of snow expected tonight. Just a big mess.

I just saw the updated weather report. It's 45 degrees here. We're not getting anything.

Ol' Wile E. Coyote met his match, good work Swede!  :thumbup:

Okay, as of this morning I'm down 30 pounds since mid/late September.  I figure I just have another 200 to go... ::)

Ol' Wile E. Coyote met his match, good work Swede!  :thumbup:

Okay, as of this morning I'm down 30 pounds since mid/late September.  I figure I just have another 200 to go... ::)

Way to go!!

The best part is finally punching holes into a belt to tighten it and having pants that are too loose instead of too tight.  Heck, even my heavy winter coat fits better.