WildSurvive Forum
Bravo

Campfire Talk

i had a great hike with my boy today too. we went to the local park and i tought him how to gather or aquire dry tinder when its wet as hell out (been raining all day) we only took a couple things that anyone traveling into the bush would  or should have on them. pics are finally done downloading in image shack. ill post them in razors world.  theres a lot so it might take a while.  :S

I'd love some mud... We keep getting teases of warm weather than back to -10 and ass deep in snow...

honestly hiker i would love at least one weekend with ass deep snow. lol,  its hard to teach the scouts winter camping skills or how to build an igloo or anything like that when you see grass poking up threw the thin crust of ice on the ground.

True... I guess we all want what we don't have. I'm a green leaves type of guy... And sunshine lol

trust me hiker, i am too. i love the color of spring and the cooler temps of spring and fall.  even us iowans get tired of the white stuff after a while.

Had a good time though... Till I watched a woman smash a tree face first on cross country skis. Did a number on her nose.

Had a good time though... Till I watched a woman smash a tree face first on cross country skis. Did a number on her nose.

you would think they wouldnt put those on a trail would ya... hope shes alright.

She couldn't stop going down a steeper part of the trail... She's fine, had my handy dandy trail kit with me.

I was riding a ski lift at Crystal Mountain in WA when I saw a guy comming down really wobbly, then he tried to stand up straight and "POOF" disapeared under tree and 1 ski came out about 10 feet on the other side before the brakes stopped it.  He hit HARD.  I was 40 feet up so nothing I could do, but the ski patrol was carting him down the mountain when I came down.   

I felt bad for the lady... She was more embarrassed than anything I think. I gave her some gauze and she took off. 

I felt bad for the lady... She was more embarrassed than anything I think. I gave her some gauze and she took off. 

You were nice enough not to do this

Ski's are like snowshoes, once you learn to use them, they can make snow travel far more efficient.  Especially downhill  moose0024.gif 

Ski's are like snowshoes, once you learn to use them, they can make snow travel far more efficient.  Especially downhill  moose0024.gif 

id love to get some cross country skies, but the last two years of winters we have had  just havnt warented any.

Well I got out on the lake today, it was a beautiful day to be out side. The sun was shinning and the temp was just below freezing with a brisk wind at times. The fishing was not great today but we did not get skunked.

SheldonFeb20132_zpsafcbeef7.jpg

SheldonFeb20133_zps7d871728.jpg

SkidooSheldon2013_zps8b825f18.jpg

SheldonFeb2013_zpsaa341022.jpg

MeSheldonFeb2013_zpsed9bfce1.jpg

NR

Head lights on?  :naughty:

~ it's just not even jacket worthy down here right now...  I do wear a jacket (which consists of a zip up hoody) to get from the house to my car in the morning. I didn't wear a jacket when I walked my dog today. It was that nice out.

~ it's just not even jacket worthy down here right now...  I do wear a jacket (which consists of a zip up hoody) to get from the house to my car in the morning. I didn't wear a jacket when I walked my dog today. It was that nice out.

now your just bragging, it was in the 30s- 40s today with pouring rain all day. id trade you in a heartbeat girl.  ;)

One year ago today I was camping in Virginia. I woke up that morning in a tent covered in snow. By this time there was a good 30 mile per hour wind blowing. BRRRRR