WildSurvive Forum
Bravo

Campfire Talk

Hey doc.  I just realized why your van finally gave up the ghost.  Its because of all the bug out zombie apocolypse gear you drag around.  Its not a dulley f150 with a towing package.  :rofl:

One backpack, 2 small bags (One with rope, the other with cooking supplies), a couple of tarps, an inflatable sleeping mat, an axe, a saw and a white gas stove are all the gear I had in it.  (All of which I can pack out in one go).  Heck, I don't even have an emergency kit in it (That is in the wife's van).  I don't think gear was the problem.  :hugegrin:   

What zombie apocalypse  Have you heard something we haven't?  I haven't prepared for zombies, but then again, I don't believe in zombies so preparing for them would be kind of pointless.  Do I need to start prepping for zombies?  If so, I have a pretty big hole in my preps.  (Got to pick up some machetes with zombie green handles LOL).

It was nice but we didn't get as much snow as I'd hoped.  Just a small smattering that may not be here for this weekend.  :(    But we had to swap our ski trip and survival hike days around so we are still weeks late on our hike.  But swapping them around bought us some more time to get some snow.  I want a good snow before we go. 

One backpack, 2 small bags (One with rope, the other with cooking supplies), a couple of tarps, an inflatable sleeping mat, an axe, a saw and a white gas stove are all the gear I had in it.  (All of which I can pack out in one go).  Heck, I don't even have an emergency kit in it (That is in the wife's van).  I don't think gear was the problem.  :hugegrin:   

What zombie apocalypse  Have you heard something we haven't?  I haven't prepared for zombies, but then again, I don't believe in zombies so preparing for them would be kind of pointless.  Do I need to start prepping for zombies?  If so, I have a pretty big hole in my preps.  (Got to pick up some machetes with zombie green handles LOL).

What do you think just arrived on that Russian meteor?  They are all coming here to take advantage of "Obama-care".

lol. I thought that was just the gear you brought to the boys football games  :hugegrin:

I've watched some of the video, pretty cool.  But some reports are saying that with shattered windows etc, that there are hundreds of people injured.  WOW

I've watched some of the video, pretty cool.  But some reports are saying that with shattered windows etc, that there are hundreds of people injured.  WOW

Apparently the shock wave from the sonic boom/explosion did quite a bit of damage.  There was also a picture of one of the impact sites on a lake where it put a hole in the ice.  Another crater reported to be 6 feet across.

With all the techno crap we have on this planet, we can't spot a ten ton meteor heading at Russia? 

They are sneaky little buggers.

~ what ELSE is out there that they just can't spot?  We can find a microscopic bacteria that grows a half mile beneath the ocean in near boiling water rising from geothermal hot spots, but a freaking ten ton meteor zips past our radar? Thats five freakin elephants in the livingroom!  :blink:

Keep in mind, with the bacteria, you know where to look.  The scope of area that an object in space is located is theoretically infinite.  Even the area between the Earth and the moon is vast when compared to even a 10 ton object.

In the immortal words from the movie Armageddon.  "Well, our object collision budget's about a million dollars a year. That allows us to track about three percent of the sky, and begging your pardon sir, but it's a big-ass sky.". LOL

I'm starting a new business selling meteor insurance.  We have three levels. 

1.  Beer cooler was crushed by meteor, full replacement of cooler and contents (We expect to take a loss o this one as it seems to happen to us every time we go camping):    $4 a month

2.  House/Car meteor insurance.  Full replacement of Domicile, Vehicle (Excluding contents):  $40 a month

3.  Armageddon, Full replacement of earth (or surrounding satellites EG:  Moon):  $800 a month, (Payable upon completed filing of internet paperwork and approval by surviving staff members after a 6 month arbitration period).

Any takers.  ;)