WildSurvive Forum
Bravo

Campfire Talk

Finished the emergency kit for the new van and added some extra clothes and a blanket for winter and a first aid kit.  Just need a set of jumper cables (used more to help others than on my own vehicle, I have jumped 20 cars in the last 4 years).  And she will be ready.    Never hurts to have the extra gear.  It has a couple of basic tools. (Crescent wrench, pliers and a set of screwdrivers, a roll of duct tape (Cus it fixes everything).  I wouldn't mind adding an emergency crank radio/charger but it's not a necessity.  I also keep an inverter in it to power other equipment if necessary (Air pump etc).    All of this fits in a 1 foot by 1 foot by 20 inch box in the back.  (Except the first aid kit, I keep that between the seats for fast access).    The new van runs like a top, works great and I didn't notice at first, but the seats in this one (the back seats and the 3rd row) can move forward and back (the old van they were locked into positions) so I can manipulate to use extra room.

ive got the same basic kit in my van. i also have 2 days worth of food and snacks and an esbit stove for cooking and melting snow and 2-3 days worth of bottled water. i always keep a full tool kit in every vehicle i own and a folding snow shovel. a blanket and a crapload of those heat packs. all of that fits in a small 12 x 24 box in the back. i think its common sence to keep these suplies in a vehicle. i cant belive how many people dont, even the ones that grow up in iowa winter conditions.

Counted 27 turkeys in the field across the road just now. The young toms are going around in circles bumping each other around. The larger toms just fluff up and get left alone.

I guess I never seen it from the front with the screen wire on the lights.  :unsure:

Screen wire on the lights?.....

Finished the emergency kit for the new van and added some extra clothes and a blanket for winter and a first aid kit.  Just need a set of jumper cables (used more to help others than on my own vehicle, I have jumped 20 cars in the last 4 years). 

May I suggest a jumper box so in the event you need a jump and no one is around

May I suggest a jumper box so in the event you need a jump and no one is around

that's why i have a defibrillator in my van...  CLEAR!!!  :hugegrin:

that's why i have a defibrillator in my van...  CLEAR!!!  :hugegrin:

You can't JUST say "clear" you have to visually make SURE nobody is touching the victim.... :P

(I messed up on that part on my clinical test the other week)  :whistle:  oops.gif

You can't JUST say "clear" you have to visually make SURE nobody is touching the victim.... :P

(I messed up on that part on my clinical test the other week)  :whistle:  oops.gif

i know that, my favorite part is spitting on the paddles and rubbing them together before i put them on the victo.... um.. the injured subjects chest...

HBT, I have one of these duracells in it.  It's great, I use it to do all kinds of things when it's not jumping cars.  With the power sockets I can run power tools and stuff.  Kind of a portable inverter to go along with the one that plugs into the vehicle power sockets.

duracell.jpg