WildSurvive Forum
Bravo

Campfire Talk

I love the snow.  I manged to take my oldest and youngest on a hike the other day after it snowed,  we were the first to walk on the new snow up at the park.  Hit one of my favorite trails and got lots of track prints.  I haven't uploaded pictures yet and probably won't until this weekend.  Just swamped.   

I get to present one of my scouts to the Eagle board of review tonight.  It is a great honor, this young man is one of my favorite people.  Intelligent, Caring, great with people and particularly younger scouts.  A real lead by example kind of guy.  They all look up to him.  Wonderful young man.  Kind of sad to see him Eagle out.  He is heading off to Iowa State for college for the next 4 years and he will be missed tremendously.    He plans to come back to the troop as a leader after college. 

Is there still a position called 'Junior Assistant Scoutmaster'?  He might be able to get that (or Assistant Scoutmaster if he's old enough) so he can still participate during his breaks and summers.

He will be back and participating during his breaks as an assistant scoutmaster.  (His older brother did that also until he moved to a new job out by Ames). So we'll still see him off and on.  It will always be a great surprise to the boys when he comes back.

Our SnowStorm Feb 262013....... campfire is a little soggy today.....

blowing hard enough and the snow is wet enough, that it is sticking to everything

dsc0036.JPG

dsc0037ja.jpg

Won't be long and you'll be able to lasso them deer  :woot:    (Just make sure Sharen has a video camera out when you do).  :hugegrin:

She found a good place to hide from the snow storm under my john boat. She was eating the grass that wasnt covered by the snow and decided just to stay there.

underboat.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Howdy all.  My last day of clinicals is tomorrow and I am really kind of sad about it...  Still not sure if I'm going to try getting a job there or not.  I'm really going to miss the restorative aid that I've been working with.  She grew up where I did, is a bad ass, and likes to give the residents crap just like I do. 

Our little yearling crawled out from under the john boat so I gave her some alpha bits dry cereal. Thats made from oats and corn she gobbled them up.

alphabits.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us 

This morning the prediction was for a trace to maybe an inch of snow for this area today.  Between 4 and 5 inches on the ground now and it is still coming down heavily. A complete miss on this storm.