WildSurvive Forum
Bravo

Campfire Talk

My son's high school archery team is off to the state tournament  in a couple of weeks. They took  1st in the  regional tournament today.

Congratulations.

Two coyotes came across the far end of the bean field this morning. One ran all the way across then a couple of minutes another was tracking the other one up. Sharen thought she heard a shot a couple of minutes before they came across. About 400 yards out I didnt shoot at either one.

OK...tell me what made these tracks in the night or this morning....and by the way.........they were not made by human.

001ian.jpg

002vru.jpg

OK...tell me what made these tracks in the night or this morning....and by the way.........they were not made by human.

I cant think of any thing but a turtle. I have no idea why a turtle would be out unless he spent the winter in Blairs coy pond.

Neither one of us know what did it either....they go down over the hill but its too cold out to see exactly where they went...

But what are you having for supper?

Sausage, log, Mystery meat take your pick.

Neither one of us know what did it either....they go down over the hill but its too cold out to see exactly where they went...

I dont no anything other then a turtle that could make those tracks. Im pretty sure that is a turtle that spent the winter in the pond.

I dont no anything other then a turtle that could make those tracks. Im pretty sure that is a turtle that spent the winter in the pond.

dont think we have any "Ice Turtles" the ponds are frozen and turtles dont come out in the winter....

:

:wave:Hello Happy House Guests.....hope you both are having a good time.....

we had a great time. as usual eric and sharens hospitality is humbling. good food, good friends and great stories.  cant wait to come back again. thank you guys for having us.  :arigato:

001ian.jpg

002vru.jpg

weird, my first thought was turtle but ive never seen them come out of hibernation in winter before. if it was a turtle and they were just made last night he probably didnt get far. a little tracking and you might find him frozen somewere. 

we had a great time. as usual eric and sharens hospitality is humbling. good food, good friends and great stories.  cant wait to come back again. thank you guys for having us.  :arigato:

Weve been had before. Thanks for the sausage.

dont think we have any "Ice Turtles" the ponds are frozen and turtles dont come out in the winter....

People ask me who dont now what made the tracks. I tell them using many years of experience and knowledge and they dont believe me.  doh.gif

Some wild turkeys came out in the far north west corner of the bean field a little while ago.

Here is another pic of the mysterious tracks

dsc0009no.jpg

And here is a bloody print and only one bloody track...the blood was not visible in any of the other tracks

dsc0011cj.jpg

And its going down over the hill, I need a tracker to follow as I am NOT going down that hill....

dsc0012yq.JPG

001ian.jpg

002vru.jpg

Looks like a zombie has been shuffling across your yard. :dead:

It was 22 degrees when we went to bed last night and 17 degrees this morning at 7 a,m,....its just hard to believe a turtle was out in this and there are NO tracks coming from either pond....they only come to the birdfeeder and leave down the side of the fence and head back to the woods