WildSurvive Forum
Bravo

Campfire Talk

Coolest drive into work ever this morning.  It was  a little foggy and for a 2 mile stretch half way into work, the fog was approximately 6 feet off the ground.  Just catching the top of my van, like driving in a fog tunnel. Beautiful in the headlights. 

Coolest drive into work ever this morning.  It was  a little foggy and for a 2 mile stretch half way into work, the fog was approximately 6 feet off the ground.  Just catching the top of my van, like driving in a fog tunnel. Beautiful in the headlights. 

I'm glad I missed that tunnel.  8|

I can't count how many cars I saw buried in huge drifts in the median and on the shoulder of the road. Even one 18 wheeler. One car was upside down. I didn't stop to check the plates to see if they were all GA plates.  :P  I'm glad I waited an extra day to leave.

It's been a fun couple of days, and just one 10 car pile up in Pike County and one fatality in Letcher County due to freezing drizzle and black ice.  :nono:  People absolutely refuse to slow down in this sort of weather.  As KW said earlier though, we're looking at highs near 65 this Sunday.  You know I'll be spending the weekend outside, preferably with a cigar.

Photo from this week from Pine Mountain, the peak directly across from our station:

WinteronPineMountain.jpg

Bacon and cornbread on the stove  :) Access to the islands (Avalon, Stone Harbor, all of the Wildwoods) is closed due to flooding. This was equivalent to Sandy. Just not as much hype. Another front is developing.

Bacon and cornbread on the stove  :) Access to the islands (Avalon, Stone Harbor, all of the Wildwoods) is closed due to flooding. This was equivalent to Sandy. Just not as much hype. Another front is developing.

Avalon and North Wildwood are open again.

I guess were going to have to take a road trip down there KBob when its better weather.

Ive had the flu for three days. I shouldnt have let Razor kiss me on the mouth.  :dead:

I guess were going to have to take a road trip down there KBob when its better weather.

Sounds good, Swede!  Hopefully we'll get away from this winter weather soon.

since I am NOT allowed to post in the "winter Turtle anymore.....good bye everyone

Don't you dare leave, Doro!  We love having you here!

I had a coon come up to my bird feeder

coonx.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Look at the wings on that lil f*^&k&r!!!!

And the damn weasels keep robbing my bird feeders...

weaselsu.jpg

Wild times around the campfire tonight. 

Rain is moving into the area - predictions are for 1-2 inches, so that means it will probably be clear and sunny for the weekend.

Is it me or have you guys gone over the edge. Postings are making me feel like I'm smarter than I thought.  :woot:  scared011.gif