WildSurvive Forum
Bravo

Campfire Talk

Been working on the GPS system on my honda atv and no one knows how to fix it. The guy working on the camper may have had a stroke or diabetic event so it may be Kim will be in the cabin.  :hugegrin:

Good morning campers! Traveled all day yesterday. The next 3 days should be interesting if nothing else.

I started assembling my pile of gear for Farmagedon 2013 before I left, but still got quite a bit more to do at this point. Looking forward to seeing everyone again this year.

Guest smallgamehunter

I'm still working on getting the money together to make the trip

KW he would make a great rug and Lot's of bear burger.

We have a two day bear season coming up the first full weekend of December.  If he hasn't moved on by then that could be his future.

Guest smallgamehunter

Get here and Ill get ya back.

I be there boss man

Did not go well.  I didn't have the chance to hike the canyon that I have been training for for the last 9 months.

People hiking the Canyon die from two main causes:

1 - going off the trail

2 - going into the Canyon alone. 

I am not stupid enough to do either one.

I was able to do a couple of day hikes and got some pictures.

Did not go well.  I didn't have the chance to hike the canyon that I have been training for for the last 9 months.

1 - going off the trail

~ Well, either way..... you got to do some day hiking! There's no freakin' way I'd attempt to hike that bitch in one day!  :scared: scared011.gif

Aside from the fact that it's just too beautiful....    I would want to enjoy it. I wouldn't want to be feeling like I had to push myself that hard. Some moments are better savored at a slower pace. That would be one of them in my book. That's just my take on it. I'm more of a meanderer I guess.

1 - going off the trail

At least you did some hiking. And you came back. That's the important part.

I rode through north over to Jeffs place and met Sonny there also. They rode back to Jeffs south fence and my north fence and while we were sitting there talking we saw one of the biggest bucks Ive ever seen sneaking along Jeffs bluff. Monster rack Im guessin at least 10 points. Boone and Crockett no doubt.  scared011.gif

Death be not boring.

Spare me the mundane fade of natural causes, the gentle expire in the dark of night. Take me rudely, in a frantic gnashing of claws and canines in some far wilderness. Unleash your vipers, your flash floods, your stampeding wildfires. Give me the awful clarity of free-fall, the mad carnival ride of avalanche. Drag these well-used bones from the trail into one final glorious maelstrom of discovery – and while you’re at it, release the goddamn kraken.

I’ve lived well.  I’ve adventured widely.  I will not die poorly.

- Jonathan Dorn