WildSurvive Forum
Bravo

Campfire Talk

Guest smallgamehunter

No bow drill practice today but I did get my first firewood delivery done

Welcome back Mr. Greene  :wave:    Wild skies here this morning but the sun is shining right now. Tornado warnings around. The wind blew all night but no more rain so far.

Hi folks, sorry I haven't been on much lately.  I'm trying to get over this cold or flu or whatever it is.  I hit a turning point this morning at about 5:30am.  I had just gotten out of the shower and was fixing coffee when I got so lightheaded and dizzy I thought I'd drop.  Ursula was still asleep so I went into the bathroom and sat down for a few moments.  Next thing I knew I was covered in flop sweat.  Maybe my fever broke?  I dunno, but I feel better now.  I sure could have used some stump juice the last few days.

Hi folks, sorry I haven't been on much lately.  I'm trying to get over this cold or flu or whatever it is.  I hit a turning point this morning at about 5:30am.  I had just gotten out of the shower and was fixing coffee when I got so lightheaded and dizzy I thought I'd drop.  Ursula was still asleep so I went into the bathroom and sat down for a few moments.  Next thing I knew I was covered in flop sweat.  Maybe my fever broke?  I dunno, but I feel better now.  I sure could have used some stump juice the last few days.

Damn, Bob. Sounds like you broke the fever.

I think so, Pete.  For a couple of minutes there I wasn't sure I'd make it to a seat before the floor flew up to hit me.  I feel quite a bit better now, still a bit clogged up and coughing though.

Guest smallgamehunter

Rainy and really windy

Nothing like a novemeber thunderstorm to have the kids scared

We dam near got blew into New Jersey here. We just now got the power back on ,off for five hours. Peoria got hit with a tornado and a bunch of folks are in the hospital.

Guest smallgamehunter

We got dime sized hail and a bunch of rain but it moved so fast it just blew some trees over

We dam near got blew into New Jersey here. We just now got the power back on ,off for five hours. Peoria got hit with a tornado and a bunch of folks are in the hospital.

Glad to hear you are ok, Swede.  I was beginning to wonder.  Looks like things got pretty bad in some areas.

I saw the weather report about tornados in Washington (?) and strong winds. Glad you're ok.

It just missed us and we gathered up supplies to head for the basement but it went over quickly but then the wind blew like crazy. It took some trees down. Ill check it out tomorrow but I can see a big part of the dead elm by the shelter is on the ground.  gen165.gif  Washington Il is part of Peoria Il. No word yet of deaths.

Guest smallgamehunter

We always seem to get lucky on tornadoes they all go north or south of me

We do get some straight line winds that do quite a bit of damage

Most exciting thing we had all day was a minor brush fire at the local college with downed power lines blocking the fire department

Kind of a crazy day. Was at the creek crossing in the sunshine with Swede and the ol man, takin in the sunshine, watching the honey bees and deer. An hour later it went to hell. Power went. Storm radio went. Portable radio went. Cell phone wouldnt work. Generator did tho! Time to reorganize my gear i guess. But in the end, all is well on this side of the creek valley

Kind of a crazy day. Was at the creek crossing in the sunshine with Swede and the ol man, takin in the sunshine, watching the honey bees and deer. An hour later it went to hell. Power went. Storm radio went. Portable radio went. Cell phone wouldnt work. Generator did tho! Time to reorganize my gear i guess. But in the end, all is well on this side of the creek valley

Good to hear!

Glad to hear everyone is ok.

We lost the roof off the green blind at the camp site and some trees. Ill have to take a ride to see how many trees got blown down. Other then that we got buy lucky. The bottom dwellers son shot an eight point buck with his bow high on the middle of his back and they lost him. A trail cam by my neighbor to the west caught him going through with the arrow sticking out of his back.  :curse:  I know the buck we saw him just the day before and he was heading back to the west bottom where he hangs out so Ill take a look for him today. He probably wont survive.

Swede, good to hear you guys are okay. Looks like IL got hit the hardest. I am starting to think there is some truth in all this talk about changing weather patterns. We are starting to see some strong storm systems all around us that we have never really seen a lot of before now. Just like that system that hit us here in Eastern KY last spring. We just don't see a lot tornado activity in these hills, but that all seems to have changed in the last few years. Seems we are seeing them at odd times too. Not in the dead of summer when you would expect.