WildSurvive Forum
Bravo

Campfire Talk

Made it through 2 quizzes today.  Clinicals the next two days, test thursday and friday, and a paper to do by next monday.

GO!!!!

Damn. Some people have all the fun.

Guest smallgamehunter

Sounds like a fun week of nursing stuff watcher

Thanks for the well wishes Ofg

Anyone know where I can buy gauze pads or rolled gauze in bulk I have to keep my burn covered for the next two weeks

My m&p pro showed up today. damn it feels good in my hand. I thought id hate the trueglow sights but they are actually pretty easy to pick up . pleanty of black arount them for precision. the S&W performance shop does great work. this is the second best trigger ive ever felt on a non 1911 single action. (the cz75 is a little better) I cant wait to hit the range now. glad I stocked up on 9mm.  :bandit:

sgh did you try aloe vera on your burns  :) come on up swede and sharen I don't have room for you guys but I would love to see you well your here  :hugegrin: my mom and I and you guys can do something very nice  :heart:today about 60  :heart:

Burns/blisters are hard to deal with. Raw meat. The main thing is infection getting in. We use triple antibiotics lightly applied but you better keep it covered.We use hospital grade gauze. Its a tighter weave. Some of the gauze they use to let air into it is too stringy and it ends up getting embedded into the scab and you end up tearing it back open trying to change the bandage. Keep it dry and change it often.

Sounds great Razor!

SGH, put on some burn cream.  Look for something that is antibiotic as well as analgesic.  It'll help with the pain as well as help prevent infection.  Keep the dressings changed and dry, and don't let the wound get dirty. 

I had a nice second degree burn on my forearm from some paracord.  It was about the size of a dime and took a solid month to heal.  Just have patience. 

Guest smallgamehunter

I got silver sulfadiazine and the Dr gave me a antibiotic when I went in for my follow up this morning

Best thing I have found for burns is water gel bandages available from  www.watergel.com

I got silver sulfadiazine and the Dr gave me a antibiotic when I went in for my follow up this morning

Best thing I have found for burns is water gel bandages available from  www.watergel.com

Is it silver impregnated bandages, or you just have the silver sulfadiazine as the antibiotic?

Guest smallgamehunter

I have the ointment and doc gave me kflex for antibiotic

Thanks KW it was confirmed by the doctor today we should be done by Friday. There thinking three weeks for Sharen to recover from the side effects. Hair almost gone, legs swelled, red skin and shes not an Indian, hot skin and cold all the time, blisters from the radiation etc. Then its vacation time. Were planning a trip to Washington State up to Kims house and ferry up the west coast to Alaska.

That will  be an awesome celebration trip!

That will  be an awesome celebration trip!

Were taking the train out and back and rent a car out there. We plan on going up to the upper peninsula in upstate Washington and check that out and then park the car on the ferry and go up the inter coastal Pacific maybe up to Blacksmiths in Thornebay. He gets out of jail in May. IF we last that long.  :unsure:  :o

I had a nice second degree burn on my forearm from some paracord.  It was about the size of a dime and took a solid month to heal.  Just have patience.

I read that as a second degree burn on your forehead at first...that was confusing. :blink:

At work this morning yay. Getting ready to take a baby to Atlanta.

Hey I remember you!    :wave:  70s Saturday they say. Some of the trees are budding out but they say maybe snow next week.  :curse:

Very light rain here this morning and the temp is currently 47, but if feels more like 27 to me right now. The wind and light rain is making it feel a lot colder than it actually is. It is suppose to reach 60 today at some point, but we will see.