WildSurvive Forum
Bravo

Campfire Talk

Les Stroud will be with his band in Sauget il. near St Louis on July 31st. I may go down.

You might call that one ambitious little bass!!  Nice fish on the lightweight tackle.

Headed back out to the ditch today, will spend 4 more glorious days in the sun and woods with my youngest,

You all have a great weekend and we'll catch ya on the flipside.

Who knows, I might finally have time to process pics from the last camp out next week.  :hugegrin:

Did you finally sway them to the

Smart side?  cool14.gif

Not yet. She's afraid of ticks. Now I can't wear my giant tick costume. I should probably leave the knives at home to.

pugygeqe.jpg

bety6y6u.jpg

Small...no tiny lake where our pastor has a cabin...had one bite all day and landed this fella

Daughter was unhappy we released her but it was exciting catching I front of all my kids...thought maybe someone else would like the joy of a bent rod!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perfect size pike Hiker for eaten.  Do you know how to remove the Y bones from the fillet?

Cool weather is coming to an end 94 Tuesday.

On Father's Day I got schooled by an old "y-bone vet"!

Just did a little C & R that day...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My coworker canceled.I hike three miles today. I saw a deer in the woods and found a walkie talkie.  :) I'm eating chicken and watching Forensic files on the TV.

oh I love forensic files just saw one earlier today  8| thats to bad she or he canceled  :'(  I would go hiking with you anytime  :thumbsup: swede I have the money for my train ticket just need to know how to buy the ticket and info and stuff  :thumbup:

Great video KW!  Looks like their still spawning. Thats the secret to hand fishing by the way. You cant just walk on the bottom like Les did when he tried it you have to get down in the water and they dont get spooked. Nice Bluegills I wish I had some in my pond.

My coworker canceled.I hike three miles today. I saw a deer in the woods and found a walkie talkie.  :) I'm eating chicken and watching Forensic files on the TV.

~ Their loss! I'm watching Waco this week.  (My Siberian husky) because my soon to be ex, took the kids on a vacation to Lake Tahoe/Reno.... San Francisco, and Waco has an ear infection. So I took him to the Vet.... and while I'm waiting in the exam room, I'm looking over ALL the vaccinations he's supposed to have BEFORE They will even look at his ear.  :glare:  This dog has been vaccinated every year since he was born. With the exception of 2013 because he hasn't been with me.  :nono:  So I'm sitting in the exam room waiting for the Veterinarian to come in, and I'm looking over the list of "mandatory vaccinations" that the Vet. wants before they let you "expose" your dog to any of their other "patients"..... and "rattle snake vaccine" is on the list.  8|  EVERY YEAR THE LIST GROWS! Each shot is upwards of twenty to thirty bucks. It's a racket! Humans don't have to be vaccinated EVERY Single year of their lives! A Vaccine is usually done once or twice and then you have life long immunity....  LIFE LONG! THAT's how vaccines WORK! There's NO reason any animal should need vaccinating every year of its life against common diseases!  censored.gif 

So...... I've taken my dog to this vet. two years ago, and he's "attempted to fix this ear situation a few times, with antibiotics to the ear..... whereupon a few days later he says lab results say it's fungal. So he gives me this liquid stuff to put in my dogs ear, and he shook it out immediately. I'm sitting there getting mad thinking that it's going to cost me at least $125 in shots BEFORE they'll think about looking at his ear, and I can feel the spirit of the "wind" inside of me rising up. (Y'all know how SHE can be)  :unsure:  and I'm already debating an imaginary veterinarian in my mind before he walks into the door,  :whistle:  So I made up some excuse about being called into work, and I took my dog and left. I went and bought dog ear cleaner, and irrigated, and cleaned the gunk out of my dog's ear really well, I bought a tube of ONE DAY CURE vaginal Yeast infection cream from Walmart, it has an antifungal, Tioconazole 6.5% in it. I used the applicator and put the whole "vagina sized"  amount of ointment into his ear, and sat and massaged it in for thirty minutes at the base of his ear. I'm going to see if he feels better tomorrow, if he doesn't..... I'm switching to Lotriman antifungal. Then Tolfinate.... or whatever works. Either way it's way cheaper than going to the money theif VET!  :thumbdown:

The part that gets me, is that I took care of this Veterinarians Son when he was in intensive care in our NICU two years ago. His kid went home in a week.... ALL BETTER! My dog has been suffering for two years off and on with the same ear problem! NONE of them can fix it. but they CAN kill my other dog Pippit, in the mean time.

Great video KW!  Looks like their still spawning. Thats the secret to hand fishing by the way. You cant just walk on the bottom like Les did when he tried it you have to get down in the water and they dont get spooked. Nice Bluegills I wish I had some in my pond.

Thanks Swede! Those are some of the biggest blue gill I have ever seen. There is one that I would be willing to bet could be a TN state record. There is no fishing allowed at the quarry so they have a chance to grow big.

oh I love forensic files just saw one earlier today  8| thats to bad she or he canceled  :'(  I would go hiking with you anytime  :thumbsup: swede I have the money for my train ticket just need to know how to buy the ticket and info and stuff  :thumbup:

First we have to get a definite date so we can figure when you need to plan on leaving Washington. It can get complicated because of extra time if you miss the train to Galesburg. The sooner the better on ordering a ticket because it gets more expensive to wait till the last moment. Ill walk you through the ordering process by private message.