WildSurvive Forum
Bravo

Campfire Talk

Guest smallgamehunter

Well after a long day at the humane society this morning I come home to replace wheel hubs on my neighbors car in the process I split my forehead open pretty good and they applied derma bond at the ER so I guess it been one of those days

Well after a long day at the humane society this morning I come home to replace wheel hubs on my neighbors car in the process I split my forehead open pretty good and they applied derma bond at the ER so I guess it been one of those days

:o

Guest smallgamehunter

Those are all decent books to read from what I been told

Yes Wendy warned him I was coming.  :P  I will Kim IF I get a chance to talk to him.

Your a survivor swede, youll be around for more, and sharen too, i hope you guys know how much we all appreciate your hospitality and your keeping this family together threw our squabbles and always giving us a cyber home to come too. sit around a fire, vent, joke and just be ourselves.  i seriously look forward to siting around a real fire with you guys and your friends and the wild survivors that can make it down.  its usually the highlight of my year.  lol

"Highlight of your year? You all actually get together and throw real logs on the fire?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Highlight of your year? You all actually get together and throw real logs on the fire?

Yep. It is fun to see everyone in person. Swede and Sharen are kind enough to host (put up with) us for the weekend.  Real fires, peeing on wildlife, sharp pointy things, and assorted other fun. I hear there are going to be strippers at the Victory this year.

Lmao...that sounds awesome how long has the annual hoo-haw been happening?

Too bad I'm north of the 49th!

This will be the third year. I think most everyone who was arrested last ear is finally out of jail.

We had a problem with Kim and some Kentucky stump juice and Taken tripping over a coon on her way to the porta pottie and forgetting to lift the lid and Razor getting off the trail and ending up in a swamp with my wifes brand new atv and Fat Guy getting lost but other then that we been pretty lucky.

Hiker Muddy Pete is out in New Jersey and Survivor Girl is in Washington State and they make it every year. They camp out and we cook all kinds of things over a camp fire. Throw knives and hawks and shoot crossbow ride our 4 four wheelers on 100 acres of trails things like that. We have a two bed heated cabin with satellite tv and electricity open.

Do those ankle bracelets count?  :unsure:

Those pesky details...as long as you are not incarcerated.  lol  Besides, those are considered accessories.

We had a problem with Kim and some Kentucky stump juice and Taken tripping over a coon on her way to the porta pottie and forgetting to lift the lid and Razor getting off the trail and ending up in a swamp with my wifes brand new atv and Fat Guy getting lost but other then that we been pretty lucky.

Isn't there someone still wandering around the woods somewhere, Swede?

Smuggled some virtual wood back from MN to throw on the fire.  :hugegrin:

What an awesome weekend.  It's been WAY to long since we did a road trip like that.  Just hitting the sites, stopping where ever there was something interesting.  That Highway 52 from Guttenburg all the way to St Paul is just a beautiful drive.  Perfect temps and weather.  Just amazing.  Didn't think we were going to get to go.  The night before we were suposed to leave, I got hit by a deer.    I was driving down the road, Had just turned back onto the paved road, put my window down, was accelerating (Only T 40 in a 55) took my arm out of the side window to reach for the cruise contral and BAM, Doe's head hit me in the shoulder and her leg caught me on the cheek, and it swung her body around the side and put a good dent in the door and blew out the window.  This was out of nowhere.  First indication I had was the second she nailed me in the shoulder.  Arm was sore for a couple days and had a bruise on my elbow and cheek.  (Her forehead hit me in the shoulder and her mouth hit me just above the elbow,  I had deer slobber all over my elbow).  Amazing how much freakin hair "Exploded" into the van. 

I'm just darn glad I had my window down, if it would have been up I'd have had one hell of a facefull of glass.  Also got lucky my arm wasn't hanging out the window like it is 99.999% of the time I'm driving.  So all in all, just a dent, a lost window, a little bruising and a crap load of glass and hair to clean up).  I felt worse for the deer.  She died quickly, lasted about 2 minutes.  I had all the guns in the back for the trip to MN and thought I was going to have to get one out and dispatch her, but she passed on her own.  I sat there for a minute with my hand on her neck as she took her last couple of breaths talking to her calmly.    I called the DNR and they said they would have someone pick her up and take her to the locker to salvage the meat (They do it up as hamburger and donate it to the food bank). 

Arm is fine, still just a tad sore on the shoulder cap (May have been a tiny bit of AC separation, feels like a minor version of the AC Sep I had 23 years ago.)  But not as bad. 

Thus began one hell of an adventure for the weekend.  I still have a million scout pics from camp and now the trip pics to go through.  Was off line most of the weekend, so I've got a lot of catching up to do.

Take care all!

Doc

Holy deer, Doc. Glad you got to go on your camp out. It can get pretty wild out there.  :woot:

Damn Doc, that's one way to do it...

Just found out that we got the apartment after knocking one of the people off the lease.  Going in either Wednesday or Thursday to sign papers and move in.  In the mean time I have several hundred pages to read, a test to study for, finals to study for, a whole apartment to clean, furniture to move, and utilities to get moved into my name.  What is life without a little pressure, eh?

that was funny yea had to good to my ex's and get the rest of my stuff so my stepdad and I got everything moved doc your the kind of hunter I like compasionate thanks for that now that is a real man

I got bit off by a huge musky probably 50 it swallowed a foot long fly along with 2 feet of my leader.