WildSurvive Forum
Bravo

Campfire Talk

The radio sez: Stay home. If you go out, have a winter survival kit. Pics on Facebook show empty shelves in the grocery stores in NYC. Welcome to the Jersey shore every time a hurricane comes thru.

Guest smallgamehunter

On my way to the ER this morning

I really dislike flu season

Supposed to be clear and sunny here for the next 3 days.  It's been overcast all morning.

I was watching the news this morning and the splash at the bottom of the screen was "Huge storm creates chaos at airports..."  Hmmm....they have been taking about this storm for the last week, most of the major airports in the path of the storm shut down yesterday...yet there is still "CHAOS"? Am I missing something here?

I was mocking the TV last night watching the constant parade of news people standing out in the snow that looked like a normal day here in Illinois winter.

I was mocking the TV last night watching the constant parade of news people standing out in the snow that looked like a normal day here in Illinois winter.

Pretty much what I was thinking, Swede.  Especially after last week, when they reported a "paralyzing three inches of snow".  Granted I feel it is important to provide information on such things, but why is it that absolutely everything and something new every freaking day has to be a "crisis", "emergency", "situation" or some other major event?

The joy of sensationalism, it's what the media has devolved to.  No longer giving pertinent information.  Just sensationalizing everything for ratings.

I'm at work. On a Tuesday. The office is open. There is no one else here. I could leave and no one would know. I could knock over a few chairs, turn off the lights, and pretend the zombies ate my coworkers. 

The joy of sensationalism, it's what the media has devolved to.  No longer giving pertinent information.  Just sensationalizing everything for ratings.

LOL  Thanks for clarifying that, Doc.  I wish I would have thought of that...

Tonight on msnbc they had a pop up on the page that said BREAKING NEWS SNOW STORM HITS NORTH EAST!  doh.gif

My weather rock is more accurate then the local forecast. Road trip to Herkimer, NY tomorrow. The weather forecast shows it will be 85 degrees and humid.

my word I don't trust the weatherman I just look out my window it was  like spring yesterday but today 48 and rain I finished debarking my walking stick but I don't know what to do next wound is doing fine it's nice and clean still have a bandaid on it well a couple because the cut is big

Tonight on msnbc they had a pop up on the page that said BREAKING NEWS SNOW STORM HITS NORTH EAST!  doh.gif

I'm surprised they didn't interrupt regularly scheduled programming. lol

Guest smallgamehunter

Morning all log on the fire coffee brewing

Seems after a 3 hour stay at the ER yesterday i have a bad case of bronchitis