WildSurvive Forum
Bravo

Campfire Talk

Warmer this morning, only about -2, warming up to the 20's this afternoon with some more snow.

Fullmoon snowhoe hike tonight.

I'm the bottom dweller from Cedar Crick. Swede just reset my password. I'm modifying Swede. And typed this from his house. A few know me from Farmagedden. I think Swede is going to let us have a windbreak this coming up year. Hurrah!

Guest smallgamehunter

That the north bottom crick horus?

Nite Kimmers.    :kiss:

happy070.gif

Guest smallgamehunter

Well either way good to see u horus

Horus raises most of his own food and is building a big green house now. Him and his wife Julie are by far the most prepared for shtf survival.

:thumbup:

Fullmoon snowshoe hike was awesome last night. I will post more info later.

Some flurries this morning and supposed to get down to -20 tonight.

Rise and shine campers! Time to make the doughnuts! Hard freeze here right now, but looking for highs in the 50s today. Calling for snow tomorrow. Dang bipolar weather! :rant:  lol

I have been ask to take a bunch of boys from a youth group  camping in March. I was told that several of them have never been on a real camping trip  before. How does this happen? When I was a kid we camped all the time. If it wasn't with the boy scouts we hit the hills and went on our own. I probably built more primitive shelters then than I do now. The woods was my equivalent of the video games of today. Really makes me question how we as a society are raising our kids. Should be a fun trip though! That is till they go into Xbox withdraw. lol

Guest smallgamehunter

Horus raises most of his own food and is building a big green house now. Him and his wife Julie are by far the most prepared for shtf survival.

Rise and shine campers! Time to make the doughnuts! Hard freeze here right now, but looking for highs in the 50s today. Calling for snow tomorrow. Dang bipolar weather! :rant:  lol

I have been ask to take a bunch of boys from a youth group  camping in March. I was told that several of them have never been on a real camping trip  before. How does this happen? When I was a kid we camped all the time. If it wasn't with the boy scouts we hit the hills and went on our own. I probably built more primitive shelters then than I do now. The woods was my equivalent of the video games of today. Really makes me question how we as a society are raising our kids. Should be a fun trip though! That is till they go into Xbox withdraw. lol

Yep, I often wonder the same thing myself.  Everyone has their own priorities, but for me, it just has to include the woods.  I remember when growing up meeting "City Kids" who had never camped and stuff before also, so it happened back then too, just not as often.  Now kids can grow up on the fence line of a forest and never venture out into it.  THAT is a travesty.

K woods my son is on his video games regularly but at the same time he goes hours even days without playing. He loves to go camping and helping dad tend to the fire. Now i do admit that we dont get out camping neearly as much as we would like but finances get in the way not the desire to go. It is very sad that many kids dont get to experience the country way of life much. I spent my summers on my grandmas 7 acres and my great grandfather owned a 102 acre horse ranch and in jr high  spent a year and a half out there helping keep the boarding stable running and was made fun of becaise of it. But that year and a half was one of the most memorable times growing up. I hope that camping trip goes well for you and hope to one day take a few new campers out for the first time.:D

Thats where I got it Kimmer.  Were digging in for sub zero temps here tonight 12 below by morning. I got my skid loader out and removed the snow from our lot and up to the door. Im pretty sure it wont go for a few days after tonight. My loader tractor has the brakes stuck and wont move till spring. Six deer in the yard tonight eating any thing they can find.  :sad: