WildSurvive Forum
Bravo

Campfire Talk

Ive been busy learning how to fly quad copters or hover craft as some call them. This one has a camera.OK so I came down too fast.  :P

It won't be long before we start seeing video from inside the deer herd.

Swede you are a high tech red neck! lol Those are really cool! What kind did you get? I want one just can't make myself spend the money for the one I want.

Start with a Nano QX by Blade.Another mini size with a camera is the Hubsan FPV x4 H107D. All minis are easy to fly and learn but indoors or zero wind is a must. My biggest Quad is the Blade 200 QX pricey and heavy but can take some wind. It comes ready for the EFC-721 HD camera but you cant control the camera with the transmitter so you just turn it on before take off. I landed hard because I have the copter set on the lowest settings and because its heavy the throttle reacts too slow to slow the descent. I should have came down much slower. I had it almost at tree top.

When you get serious the Phantom with GPS and camera that you can watch while flying. Once you have all the satellites loaded it will come back on its own and land where you launched it from. It starts at around $800 to $1200 so you better learn from a less then $100 one. There is always the "fly away" option on any of them or land in a tree top some where. Go to youtube and look at the demos.

I've considered getting a large remote controlled helicopter and duct taping a Go-pro to it.

No need for duct tape Muddy they already got them with cameras.

Guest smallgamehunter

Morning all another decent day outside but this rollercoaster temps is doing a number on my sinuses

60 degrees all weekend and a high of 35 today

Were back into the freezer for a time here. A lot of the snow melted making it easier for the critters to find food.

I find is amusing that the talking heads waste no time whatsoever to cannibalize one of their own (Brian Williams).  There are even reports of times where he farted and it didn't stink enough.  lol

Guest smallgamehunter

I find is amusing that the talking heads waste no time whatsoever to cannibalize one of their own (Brian Williams).  There are even reports of times where he farted and it didn't stink enough.  lol

:thumbup:

Greetings campers i spent 30 plus  hours in the hospital this weekend my son had a throat infection dr thought the might have to drain the puss but the antibiotics are working and on top of it i have the flu. Hope everyone here is doing well.

Good morning,  I have had a stomach virus since Sunday night. I am finally starting to feel better thank goodness. Nothing like a stomach virus to put you in ditch fast. Log on the fire for now. Good day!

Hope your son gets better soon Hillbillytowing. Glad your feeling better KW. We're doing fine, thank God. Not bragging though.

Guest smallgamehunter

I got an interview this afternoon for a job thats about 25 miles closer to home and alot less stressful.

Im also going to look at a building with a friend of mine that wants to start his own restaurant

Well KW we can verify your not full of it now.  :P  We had six does sleeping here last night one in the front yard the others in the base camp. No starving to death around here. We call them our live stock. We found out that does lick the frost from each other when they get up. I didnt know that.  :unsure:

Good morning,  I have had a stomach virus since Sunday night. I am finally starting to feel better thank goodness. Nothing like a stomach virus to put you in ditch fast. Log on the fire for now. Good day!

It's been going around.

Good morning! Cool here this morning, but overall not too bad. I keep hearing dirty little rumors about the biggest snowfall of the year early next week. Although I am not sure how much that would be considering we have only had a trace every time its snowed so far. Oh well I guess we take what we get. Log on the fire for now. Coffee is a brewing for those so inclined!