WildSurvive Forum
Bravo

Campfire Talk

Found these today from the seat of my tractor. Lots of squirrel damage so we missed them the last time we looked. One made it through the winter and one didnt.

TwFKsy.jpg

Swede, My friend took an antler like the one on the left and stuck it in the fork of a crepe mertle outside my glass kitchen door. It grew into the tree fork and I watched the squirrels knaw on it for 2 years. There is still a nub that the bark hasn't covered yet. I need to stick another one out there.

The one on the right needs to be a hood ornament on a 1975 Cadillac Fleetwood Deville convertible  moose0024.gif

Good morning, Woke up this morning to the faint smell of skunk. As I was getting ready for work, I kept smelling it stronger and stronger. Just walked outside and it will about knock you down. lol Our dog came around the house to see what I was doing and I am pretty sure she may have caught the south end of a north bound skunk or at the very least was in real close proximity to it when the little fellow got excited. Cool out this morning, but not bad by any means. Time to get this week started! Log on the fire and everyone have a good day!

Hey Eagle  :wave:  I remembered last night seeing this buck out in the field with a bunch of does last winter. He had a broken right front leg. Im going to look for his legs at the bone pile and see if it was him.

We had our pair of Canadian Geese, three Wood Ducks and five Blue Winged Teal on the fog covered pond this morning.Rain is moving in for later today.I saw a Large Mouth bass in the pond so I know we have one fish that survived.

We had our pair of Canadian Geese, three Wood Ducks and five Blue Winged Teal on the fog covered pond this morning.Rain is moving in for later today.I saw a Large Mouth bass in the pond so I know we have one fish that survived.

You would probably have more fish if Kim had not kept bonking their heads on the boat when she was there....

Yah thats true but she apologized profusely every time she did it.  :D

Yeah, she was very nice about bonking their heads on the boat.  :D

Swede, I can't imagine a deer making it with a broken leg. That must be him. As for the weather, at this point, I don't care if it is 100deg or 20deg, if it will just stop raining every day. Alabama is turning into a rain forest... It has rained at least 3-4 days a week since the beginning of the year. At least now there is some grass growing in the mud to hold it in place.  gen140.gif

Guest smallgamehunter

U forgot polite fish bonker

Good morning, Wet this morning after a round of thunder storms last night. Not sure what the weather will bring today.

I saw a dogwood in bloom yesterday and looks like my Bradford Pears will be in full bloom just about anytime now. One of my peach trees died last year (Damn goats) so I will be replacing it shortly. Built a 4X8 raised garden box over my long weekend and I now have it set up and ready to plant. Log on the fire for now. Good day!

It thundered and lightning all night and not one drop of rain. Fog so far this morning.

A little rain last night, overcast and foggy here this morning. More rain today and tonight, storms tomorrow. Turning everything green.

Heres Blacksmiths dog Shelly back in Alaska that I rescued from Washington state bound for the dog pound. It makes the expense all worth while.Alive and well.

gevZLm.jpg