WildSurvive Forum
Bravo

Campfire Talk

What to do? All the other social medias have changed the forum platform however there's seems to be a lot of people who are still interested in outdoor information. To date 23,510,538 page views and 7297 page views daily. There are many members who show up regularly just to poke through the pages and some who show up occasionally. We have members who like to touch base once in awhile so what am I to do? This web site contains so much data that our web hosting cant do a back up. Doc has been kind enough to do that for us/me.

You know me I hurt when I loose a friend and I blame myself. I learned long ago that people come and go and I can do nothing to prevent that. There's a million reason why but its still hard to understand. What more can I do?

What to do? All the other social medias have changed the forum platform however there's seems to be a lot of people who are still interested in outdoor information. To date 23,510,538 page views and 7297 page views daily. There are many members who show up regularly just to poke through the pages and some who show up occasionally. We have members who like to touch base once in awhile so what am I to do? This web site contains so much data that our web hosting cant do a back up. Doc has been kind enough to do that for us/me.

You know me I hurt when I loose a friend and I blame myself. I learned long ago that people come and go and I can do nothing to prevent that. There's a million reason why but its still hard to understand. What more can I do?

I can't speak for the others. Forums have busy years and slow years. I've had a busy year and haven't gotten out to do anything new and interesting. I've learned a lot and made good friends on this forum. 

Guest smallgamehunter

We carry on swede we do what we do for the betterment of the masses

I myself intend to start a few projects that should be of some intetest to folks.

I understand were he is coming from all of you are my good friends  :hugegrin: but its raining here so this weather sometimes makes me sleepy sorry watcher  :(

People will come and go thats life all we can do is offer the best forum we possibly can. One thing we have thats not at alot of sights is the friends  we have all made. Kepp your head up and push on

I really don't think Watcher meant any harm Swede or anything negative. He's been on a minimalist kick for a while, and it's natural to step back from some things.  But I really don't think it was a snub.  I hope he stops back from time to time to check in.    There is a great archive of info here.  Even if there are not a lot of people or conversations.  It is a fairly easily searched resource.

Guest smallgamehunter

I been a member here for the better part of the last 6 years i have seen folks come and go i have seen some of our members pass on to the great hiking land in the sky.

This is a resource for the under prepared or the unprepared as such i think we could build on the info here

Well damn.... i hate to see watcher go. hes the one that brought me to this forum. i know i dont post much anymore. life is just to busy and i have to many irons in the fire. but i know that young man well, better than anyone on here. he is practically a son to me. i know he meant no disrespect.  people grow, they move on. he obviously wasn't finding what he needs to move on here. i would never fault him for that. to each there own. i hope he stops by from time to time. kind of like i do now. i know i used to be a regular on here. i would comment on every post, i put a lot of content on here over the years. and love you all like family. but i am rarely on. i still keep up, just don't post much. not because of anything to do with this forum. just the way life has steered me. i will always be here. your all my family, and i'm sure watcher still feels that way, just to much else going on in his life i'm sure. i've watched him grow from a scraggly little kid wanting a lesson on the bow drill to a man. a real man. the kind we all can be proud of. so lets not let his leaving blemish his contributions to this forum. we all could take a lesson from him. he has dedicated his life to helping others. and if he doesn't have time for us, that's his prerogative. i sure wont think bad of him for it.  we will miss you Watcher of the woods. you can share a campfire with me anytime, whether here, at home or at farmageddon.  Love ya bro.

Guest smallgamehunter

Turrtle fishing in the morning.....i got my bank lines ready and i got my baitcasting combo spooled with fresh 25lb test line should be a good day

Usually SGH once they get hooked they come to the bank. I use stew meat cut up from the store and just stake it out and toss it in. They manage to find it. We put them in fresh water for at least two weeks to clean them out before cleaning them.. We leave the hook in them because trying to get it out will kill them.

It's my day off. It's going to rain. I have to go to the office. Then Wal-Mart. Then I'm going hiking. Where it will probably rain on me. That will be the most exciting thing that will happen to me today. Unless I see a squirrel.

Hmmm...That just doesn't sound like the Watcher I know. Maybe he was just having a bad day. I am guilty of posting weather reports and stuff that does not involve bushcraft daily. To be honest that is what I thought the campfire was here for. I try to post in other areas that I feel like would benefit others or others may find interesting. Its just hard to come up with new stuff every week. Heck a lot of you are far more qualified than I in a lot of skills. Its hard for a student to teach the teacher.

I do know one thing, I would sure miss this forum if it were not here! Hell I am pretty sure I have been a member here since 2007. I may not have a ton of post, but I have spent a lot of time looking through the pages of this forum. I feel like I know the regulars around here as well as I know my own family. Swede I have heard you say this a few times over the past few years. If the knowledge gained here saves just one life(whether we ever know it or not) the forum has done what it was set up to do. Keep on keeping on! If there is anything I can do to help just let me know.

Guest smallgamehunter

Usually SGH once they get hooked they come to the bank. I use stew meat cut up from the store and just stake it out and toss it in. They manage to find it. We put them in fresh water for at least two weeks to clean them out before cleaning them.. We leave the hook in them because trying to get it out will kill them.

thanks for the info swede i know the lady that contacted me said this lake behind her house is full of them so i figure a big pot of turtle soup is in order

Snapping turtles is the one to eat some soft shells but they don't like ponds. Probably a lot of painted turtles. My buddy AD uses an air hose to get the skin off. Im not sure how that works.  :unsure:

Your exactly right KW that is why I created it back in the Stroud days. People would get in conversations in some ones thread and it was making them mad so I developed the campfire thread. In less then a month we went over 100,000 pages.  :D  This thread has had 164,453 replies and 3,347,549 views. Most popular thread.

I can't post this in Mod talk anymore so I figure I'd reply to you here, Eric.

After over 2 years of being unhappy I finally stood up for myself, for my happiness, and decided to end things.  Emma ended up thanking me a few months after we broke up and told me that it was a blessing in disguise.  Eric, can you honestly say that the two of us worked?  As outgoing as I am and then quiet as she is?  Our conversations were few and far between and had no more depth than quick pleasantries no matter how many times I tried.  I'll be honest, one of the big reasons for my decision to leave here is due to your inviting Emma to Farmagedon this year.  Talk about being a jerk.  Would you really want her to spend a weekend camped alone and watch Molly and I together?  Our opinions differ on many things Eric and this is just another example.  I love everyone here, they are my second family, but I need to get away.  I am friends on Facebook with many of the members here and find out just as much about what they are doing through there as I do through here.  I do not wish ill for you or anyone, but I don't wish to stay here any longer.

Guest smallgamehunter

Snapping turtles is the one to eat some soft shells but they don't like ponds. Probably a lot of painted turtles. My buddy AD uses an air hose to get the skin off. Im not sure how that works.  :unsure:

i know of that method its basicly a basketball needle on a air hose u make a small cut in the skin insert the needle and slowly blow air under the skin

Hey all

Still alive...haven't been much of a hiker lately, decent fishing but just now starting to be more active after the back injury I had at work...blessed to only be on the couch for 3 months.

My chirp and physio went well and now back to running 5km!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent Hiker!  Someday, I should try running again.  (I used to love it, but it is so time consuming).  LOL

I didn't know you were coming to farma Trevor. The only place I've heard anything about you was on facebook. Don't let me stop you from finding a better place for your self. The last I heard from you it was you were fed up with this forum and you were not coming back. Remember you started this with some pretty smart assed comments about our forum. Don't you think you could have handled your decision to move on without complaining and criticizing about what we do? Are you coming to farma or not?

Guest smallgamehunter

8| well i got a day of fishing planned and hopefully i will have some turtles when i check my turtle lines tomorrow

I will be sure to post a how i do it on how to make, set and bait turtle lines and i will be posting a how to fish with yoyos while im at it

Good idea SGH either way if do or don't catch any.

Trevor what makes you think she would be by her self?