WildSurvive Forum
Bravo

Campfire Talk

Guest smallgamehunter

I caught and relocated a turtle this afternoon

Guest smallgamehunter

SG this turtle i caught was alot smaller then the other and to me not worth harvesting for its meat so at the request of the landowner i relocated it to a creek 7 miles from where i caught it

Where is everybody?  Probably asleep.  I'll come by later when the sun is up. 😀

Guest smallgamehunter

Holly what can it be

Is it really holly?

Hello Holly, Sorry I missed you! It gets pretty quiet around here after 11pm. The wild survive gang is getting old and we need our rest nowadays. lol

NOW I feel complete.  :arigato:  :wave:

Good morning! I have been up since 4 am. I am just not sure why at this point. lol We had heavy rains and strong storms around yesterday afternoon and evening. Suppose to clear up today and we are looking to possibly break some high temperature records tomorrow. As you may have seen in the post I made last night. We have taken a baby raccoon into raise till it gets big enough to take care of itself. No clue where its mother,  brothers, and sisters may be. It just kinda showed up near our outside trash bin on Sunday evening. I have raised several of this little fellows over the years, so hopefully this one will do fine too. Once he can take care of himself I will set him free. Time for some STRONG coffee! Log on the fire for now and good day!

Yup we got caught in that rainstorm on the interstate. I have no idea how people can see to drive fast when you cant see the road your driving on. I guess Im too much of a survivor. The grass didnt go on vacation while we were gone so its on the 950 John Deere and mow the camp ground. We have to go to town for fuel and food first.

I went spear fishing today. I waded around in knee deep water. With a spear. I got nothing. Raining now.

I just bought a spear gun to take diving with me. There is only certain bodies of water I can use it though.

So I am not sure when my first chance will be to use it, but hopefully soon!

I just bought a spear gun to take diving with me. There is only certain bodies of water I can use it though.

So I am not sure when my first chance will be to use it, but hopefully soon!

I was using a CS Samburu spear and a bamboo stick with an Esse arrow head tied to it.

Guest smallgamehunter

Improvised spears are always fun

Well Ok so I was wrong SGH I saw a small soft shell in the  pond today.

OMG HOLLY  8| I missed you girl  :heart: should I clean up the girls room for ya muddy I didn't know you kayak good luck spear fishing remeber the water refracts so plan accourdinly  cool14.gif  about 75 or so here read some worked on muddys scarf  :grin:

Guest smallgamehunter

Well Ok so I was wrong SGH I saw a small soft shell in the  pond today.

soft shell is good eating too i caught a painted turtle yesterday but he wasnt big enough to harvest so i relocated him

Good morning! Got somewhat of a busy day today. Didn't wake up at zero dark thirty this morning like I did yesterday. Worked my A$$ off yesterday evening moving a storage building for my brother in law and the goats got out yesterday so I spent about 2 hours working on the fence. So I guess between getting up at 4 am yesterday and with what I got into yesterday evening, my body decided sleep was a good thing. My son is leaving for a 3 week trip to Germany on Saturday for a student exchange program. The student he stays with over there will be staying with us around October. He will get to see some pretty cool stuff over there. They will be hiking in the Austrian Alps over one weekend and they have a big canoe trip planed over another weekend. Log on the fire for now. Good day!

Nice little rain this morning with some thunder. I need to finish mowing by the old hay shed today.