WildSurvive Forum
Bravo

Campfire Talk

We lost our family Beagle today after 14 years of loyal, happy, friendly and sure joyful life. The world is a sadder place today.

We laid her in a cool and shadowed grove

One evening in the dreamy scent of thyme

Where leaves were green, and whispered high above -

A grave as humble as it was sublime;

There, dreaming in the fading deeps of light -

Brown eyes, that loved the Day, and looked on Night,

A soul that found at last its answered Prayer...

There daylight, as a dust, slips through the trees.

And drifting, gilds the fern around her grave -

Where even now, perhaps, the evening breeze

Steals shyly past the tomb of her who gave

New sight to blinded eyes; who sometimes wept -

A short time dearly loved; and after, - slept.

thats so sad is she the one that was at farm last year with your daughter

Im afraid so Kim.

We lost our family Beagle today after 14 years of loyal, happy, friendly and sure joyful life. The world is a sadder place today.

~ No devotion on Earth can match that of your Dog. That's the TRUTH.

I'm sorry to hear that Swede. I truly am. I met the dog too.  sad042.gif

Morning campers well today if everything goes as planned i will have this dallas job wrapped up and be on my way back to illinois tomorrow morning.

Its gonna be another triple digit temp day but we gonna work thru it to get the job done.

Log on the fire coffee brewing have a good day everyone

Sorry to hear about your family dog. I kept a beagle or two for years. My last one passed away a couple of winters ago. He was 16 years old. I got him the same year my son was born. That dog and I spent many a day in the hills chasing cottontails. Beagles are the best natured dogs you will ever find and loyal to the end.

Weve had a couple of bucks running through here one is growing a bunch of antlers. This morning over by the hay shed hes chasing a doe around and around. The heat must have gotten to him.  :unsure:

:(

I hoofed into Cape May Courthouse yesterday, just for some day off exercise, then on a whim, took the 552 into Rio Grande. My buddy called up while I was buying model paint and invited me to his sons birthday party. So I hoofed another 2 miles to his place. Then we had dinner at the Pub in Camden. Long day yesterday. Of course, while I was gone everything went haywire at work.  :ack: This morning, I'm returning calls. And eating bacon.

hey campers...long time no post.    well ive been a bit busy lately.. well actually for the last 3 months at work my coworker got sick and has been on medical leave. pretty sure he isn't coming back. so ive been doing 2 peoples jobs. ive been working 12s most days to keep up and just literally running myself into the ground.  they finally hired someone to replace him so its a bit of a relief off my back but my efforts had not gone unnoticed.  today out of the blue i found out i got a 2 dollar an hour raise starting monday.  absolutely unheard of at this place. i think they got wind i was seeking employment elsewhere  :P  i wanted to brag on facebook but i have coworkers on there so i decided to do it here.  :hugegrin: hope everyone is doing good. 

hey campers...long time no post.    well ive been a bit busy lately.. well actually for the last 3 months at work my coworker got sick and has been on medical leave. pretty sure he isn't coming back. so ive been doing 2 peoples jobs. ive been working 12s most days to keep up and just literally running myself into the ground.  they finally hired someone to replace him so its a bit of a relief off my back but my efforts had not gone unnoticed.  today out of the blue i found out i got a 2 dollar an hour raise starting monday.  absolutely unheard of at this place. i think they got wind i was seeking employment elsewhere  :P  i wanted to brag on facebook but i have coworkers on there so i decided to do it here.  :hugegrin: hope everyone is doing good. 

:arigato:

you all have been busy I REALLY want to go hiking but it's way to HOT here I am going to go stir crazy sitting back eating my soy bacon

I stayed in today. Cooler temps forecasted for the weekend.

me too I really wanted to go hiking but its not a good idea when it's so hot outside about 86 here seattle is about 10 degrees hotter then here

Good morning, The temps are cool this morning, but it feels awesome! Sun is shining too! Suppose to be nice all weekend, but I will be working all day both Saturday and Sunday. Hopefully I will be able to get out some in the evening though. Log on the fire for now! Good Day!

Get out there KW and pay into my social security so I can continue not working.  :thumbup: Big moon last night bright as day out there.

Finally on the road home this morning. I will enjoy my weekend and be ready for another road trip monday

Good morning! Man it was worth getting up early on a Saturday morning just to see the moon. Dang its bright! We have put a team together at work to run in the Warrior Dash in Pulaski, TN in mid October. So I have been trying to jog/walk the farm in the evenings. Put in 2 miles last night. Need to build up to 3 before by October. Sure makes me wish I had made better health choices and taken better care of myself between leaving the Air Force and now. lol I have hiked a lot over the years, but never tried to jog much. I am feeling it this morning let me tell you. Log on the fire for now! Good day!

Walk work dont be using those four letter words around me KW!  Cool morning and no wind this morning. I may try to mow some trails today before it gets hot.