WildSurvive Forum
Bravo

Campfire Talk

The north bottom is a total mess. The last flood brought in more corn stalks and took the fence out between me and my cousins ground. I mowed what I could with weeds and grass as tall as the tractor. I couldnt get into the far north bottom. Ill have to take my loader tractor down to clear some trash before I can attempt mowing. The west bottom was Ok but weeds high as the tractor. I couldnt see what I was running over but It went through for one pass and two bug bites before I gave up. Ill finish another round later. It got too hot.

Thats alot of mowing swede

Take it slow and steady u be ahead of it eventually

Good morning! Off to work on this foggy Sunday morning. Heard some weather folklore yesterday. That fog in August means more snow this winter. If that's the case we already are in store for two snowy mornings. lol I used to really enjoy a good snow, but anymore I can do without the stuff! Log on the fire for now. Good Day!

Went on a watermelon run yesterday and found none. Their late Im told and if you find some their from Georgia.We picked up some vine ripened muskmelons.

I come home friday to a plant full of vine ripened black krim tomatoes and my yellow squash plants are strating to blossom

Im wrapping up stuff around the house today cause im back on the road tomorrow

SG when u on the road 5 days a week theres not alot of time for mowing or cleaning out the garage or packing up unneeded stuff in the house to put in the garage.

I keep myself busy i get a few hours to relax when i first get home then i start doing my housework so its done before i leave again monday morning

Good morning! Looking for highs in the low 90s today and a chance of thunder storms. It was a slow weekend for me. Got weed eat this week and try to reclaim what the weeks are wanting to take away. My daughter heads back to college tomorrow and my son starts his senior year on Wednesday. So a busy week ahead of our entire family. Log on the fire for now. Good day!

Had a nice weekend, got in a 1 on 1 hike with each of my older 2 boys.  We are usually all together and it was nice to be able to spend some 1 on 1 time with each. 

Anyone close to denison iowa thats where my weekly trips taking me this week

I think everyone knows u not close to iowa swede.

I love mondays. Got the truck loaded and ready then they push my leaving to tomorrow morning

I'm at work. I'm am bored. I'm pondering a package of Haribo gummi bears. Gold, red, green yellow and opaque? are represented. Black and brown are segregated to a separate package. This is wrong.

~ to my actual friends who are on facebook, I deleted my account. I'm tired of living my life online... looking down at my phone. The world is turning and everybody has their nose buried in their phone. The Zombie Appocalypse IS facebook. It's turning everyone into stupid drooling mind numbing zombies who stare at their phones and just post stupid drivel or even WORSE "share" it.

~ to my actual friends who are on facebook, I deleted my account. I'm tired of living my life online... looking down at my phone. The world is turning and everybody has their nose buried in their phone. The Zombie Appocalypse IS facebook. It's turning everyone into stupid drooling mind numbing zombies who stare at their phones and just post stupid drivel or even WORSE "share" it.

Can't say as I blame you. Been thinking a lot about doing the same thing.

FB is just entertainment, like a movie. I can spend 2 hours watching a movie, or I can spend 10 minutes every couple of hours to keep up with my friends and their lives.  I've met some incredible people on FB and learned quite a bit on a myriad of subjects and enjoyed some wonderful debates.  As with anything, it's how you choose to use it.  Control it, don't let it control you.  Hope you find what your looking for, I will certainly miss your posts on FB.  Your humor, and insight were always a welcomed blip on my newsfeed. 

I go there to find my forum friends who seem to be there. This has been my life for many years and I dont know what I would do if I had to close it down. I work on improving our farm, check this web site a few times a day and see what my friends are saying on facebook. Our health is fading fast and daily activities are a real struggle so this is where I find a purpose. Im here for who ever stops by.

FB seems to be usurping forums as the defacto method of keeping up with "Groups".  It's unfortunate because as great as it is for immediate communications, it's a terrible archive.  Forums still have the leg up on being quick, easy places to locate information.  That's why I still run both.  Or I would probably drop forums all together.  The forum format is great because it brings out real world experience from so many different people with different experience in different walks of life.  THAT is far more valuable than the trinkets of encyclopedic info neatly stored on the shelves or in books.

Good morning, Mowed the grass last night and did some other odds and ends. You can sure tell the days are starting to get shorter. Wasn't long ago that the sun was out here this time of morning. Its still dark here right now. Of course being between two big hills doesn't help with that much. I have got to move my daughter back to college this afternoon which is 2.5 hours away. So it will be a long day by the time I get back to house. Log on the fire for now! Good day!