WildSurvive Forum
Bravo

Campfire Talk

Rain supposed to be here any minute then snow later maybe. We made it back before the weather set in. Got lots of groceries.

Good morning! Getting ready to head up to my treestand shortly. This is the last weekend of modern firearm in my hunting zone and its buck only. I have had a ton of opportunities to take a doe, but the bucks are a little harder to find right now. The rut appears to be in full swing right now. So maybe i will get my chance today with any luck! We shall see! Log on the fire for now! Good day!

Good luck on your hunt KW

My hunting is on hold this weekend since its shotgun season but I already plan to go next weekend.

I'm going to start a little garden on my window sill at home. I was drinking coffee out of a Wawa coffee cup and decided to reuse the cup and lid. Then I looked at my trash can and saw two more Wawa coffee cups. What should  I grow?

We keep losing our satellite TV and satellite internet and the lights keep flickering. Every time the satellites have to reload. The birds are starving to death already by the way their flocking in here.

Winter navigation. After a snow storm you can use drifts for navigation. In this picture I already know the wind was out of the north west so what direction am I facing taking this picture? The answer is south west. The actual direction isnt really necessary unless you know what direction you need to take to walk out. You can also use these drifts to walk a straight line to keep from walking in circles. As you walk watch for these markers and keep them at the same angle as the others or walk the way they point to keep on a straight line.

Jw6qpT.jpg

Six here this morning. Ill bet the deer hunters are pissed.  I see some deer tracks in the snow in the pond pasture and our garden this morning. Im not sure if Im going to get my skid loader out to clear some snow in the lot. It may not want to start.

Good morning! Man you guys in the Midwest got hit pretty hard! They had been predicting snow flurries for us yesterday, but they couldn't have been more wrong. It was beautiful her yesterday! Sunny with highs in the 60's. I hunted yesterday morning, but only saw one doe and that was early in the morning. We ended up going to TN for the afternoon and got some Christmas shopping done and bought groceries for Thanksgiving dinner. Log on the fire for now! Good day!

We got more rain then snow here  most of the snow was up swedes way.

I did see alot of black ice last night but for the most part the roads were clear it did flurry for about three hours but nothing accumulated

I am really hoping things would work out so I can camp this weekend.  I had it on the schedule but we had to move some stuff around so now it's not looking good.  Maybe I'll just set up in the front yard with the boys. 

How goes the campout, Doc??

I stayed out the first night of the storm, and my middle boy did last night.  Loved it.  I had a rabbit hop up to 8 inches from my face in the middle of the storm.  That was pretty cool.