WildSurvive Forum
Bravo

Campfire Talk

Just got home from my last run to Louisville for this week.

Tonight its loading trucks and the St Louis route so it should be a short night

Im glad your working SGH.  :thumbup:  Winter is coming back big time the wind is howeling out of the north and were heading for -zeros    :sad:  Ive been very busy working on my puzzle my daughter bought me for Christmas. Its a night mare.  gen165.gif

It was actually nice here yesterday, up into the 40's and sunshine.  That all changes today. Two cold fronts moving through and the winds picking up.  Wind chills in the -20 range this afternoon and tomorrow, then dropping to -30-35 on Saturday and all day Sunday.

Im glad your working SGH.  :thumbup:  Winter is coming back big time the wind is howeling out of the north and were heading for -zeros    :sad:  Ive been very busy working on my puzzle my daughter bought me for Christmas. Its a night mare.  gen165.gif

good thing about truck driving its always in demand

about 40 here and going down  :thumbdown: I was contacted by amazon and my little stove got damaged in transport I will get a refund but disappointed I was really excited to get it oh well  :cry:

SG have u looked at Walmart for that stove I know my local Walmart has them

Couldn't work out the trip to Red River Gorge Yesterday. So I ended up hiking up to a neat rock formation on the highest point on our property. Elevation at the rock is 2,174 feet started my hike at 1400 feet and hiked .4 miles to the rock. So the elevatiion gain was pretty quick. I am headed over to Kentucky Bob's place to check out the electrical wiring on his house. Then probably laze around the rest of this cold and wet rainy day.  This time last week I was making coffee in the woods in a short sleeve shirt. Crazy weather! Here is a link to a video i made of the rock formation:

Kane Rock!

I like to look for claw scratches in the rock and moss KW. Let’s begin the story about 750 million years ago. At that time Kentucky was covered by a vast inland sea. Rivers flowing into the sea carried clay, silt, gravel, and fine and coarse-grained sands, depositing them on the ocean floor in sandbars, deltas, and beaches. Over millions of years, the weight of the sediment caused the sea floor to sink, and the sea deepened. The layers of sand were covered by finer-grained sediment and compressed into thick, hard layers. The pebbles and grains of sand were cemented together by dissolved minerals in the water. This process created the sedimentary rock known as sandstone. As this process was repeated, layers of hard sandstone alternated with layers of clay and silt. The layers of clay and silt were compressed and cemented into shale and other soft sedimentary rocks, creating a multi-layered deposition thousands of feet thick with alternating layers of hard and soft rock.

Ill bet this stone would make a good sharpening stone.

Went down south to day and met some of the guys from the SEP board for the SEP gathering had a good day shooting slingshot s air guns and throwing Swiss arrows and setting up snares

Sounds like a fun day ghost.

I been testing some arrows and broadheads to see what my crossbow like to shoot accurately

Fixed blade vs mechanical broadheads and 16" vs 20 carbon bolts

I like to look for claw scratches in the rock and moss KW. Let’s begin the story about 750 million years ago. At that time Kentucky was covered by a vast inland sea. Rivers flowing into the sea carried clay, silt, gravel, and fine and coarse-grained sands, depositing them on the ocean floor in sandbars, deltas, and beaches. Over millions of years, the weight of the sediment caused the sea floor to sink, and the sea deepened. The layers of sand were covered by finer-grained sediment and compressed into thick, hard layers. The pebbles and grains of sand were cemented together by dissolved minerals in the water. This process created the sedimentary rock known as sandstone. As this process was repeated, layers of hard sandstone alternated with layers of clay and silt. The layers of clay and silt were compressed and cemented into shale and other soft sedimentary rocks, creating a multi-layered deposition thousands of feet thick with alternating layers of hard and soft rock.

Ill bet this stone would make a good sharpening stone.

Its all pretty cool to think about! We find a lot of sea shell fossils in the limestone rocks around here. Yes the sandstone does make good sharpening stones!

A large amount of silica from the sand, quarts dust actually, would be in the rock and quarts is hard a diamonds and would grind metal and make a good sharpener. Below zero hare this morning and getting colder tonight.

5 below zero here this morning. Some does came out in the sunshine just now and were acting really nervous for some reason. Must be a coyote around.

Wind chill advisory here temps in the single digits and well into the negatives with the 10-15mph wind

Works going good

Log on the fire and stay warm everyone