WildSurvive Forum
Bravo

Campfire Talk

I haven't been outside since yesterday (to get the paper and work was closed today for MLK Jr. Day).  Finally supposed to be warming up into the 20's this week.  Fullmoon snowshoe hike next Saturday night.  Clear sky and I would be a beautiful evening.

Good morning! Cold and dry here this morning. They are calling for 5-6 inches of snow for us on Saturday! The grocery stores will not have any milk or bread come Friday! Going to go visit my aunt this morning. Then back to the house to work on the dishwasher! Log on the fire and good day!

I wish I could get enough energy to go ice fishing. I couldnt find any wax worms but I think the fake ones will work. I want the ice thick enough to ride my four wheeler out on the ice. It should be thisk enough by now.

be careful swede  8| rain and gray out gloomy  :( I want to take a hike maybe tomorrow we shall see  :thumbup: so muddy you don't know what the weather will be on friday  :)

Cold weather survival would be good topic

Here's my view at work right now

messagingtemp1453254856_zpsbhlbmwtz.jpg

why don't we talk about survival anymore  :(

I've been busy at work. I was planning on going camping tomorrow but I got busy at work again. Also the weather forecast is iffy.

Cold weather survival would be good topic

Here's my view at work right now

messagingtemp1453254856_zpsbhlbmwtz.jpg

Dont go out in that crap unless you need to.

If you have to drive, slow down.  Make sure you have extra clothes, boots, food, water, etc in your vehicle.  Make sure some one knows where you are going, the route you are taking, when you will arrive and when you plan to be back..

Make sure your phone is charged and you have it with you.  Keep it in your pocket so if you do have a mishap, you can find it quickly.  You don't want if flying around inside your vehicle.

Thanks for the advice OFG I have a full cold weather kit I keep in the car on the way to work and in the truck till I get back

My normally two hour run was almost four tonight from the snow storm hitting the st Louis area, I'm home safe now but it took way longer then it usually does to get home I took my time I slowed for road conditions.

I would rather slow down and arrive a bit late then  drive like I lack common sense and wreck a 12 ton truck.

Be safe and stay warm everyone

messagingtemp1452568527_zpszcggro78.jpg my truck for this evening a 26' freightliner box truck this is the truck that I drive for delivering in St Louis and there's another that goes to Indianapolis every night

Good morning! Not as cold this morning as it was yesterday! !8 right now. I got the dishwasher fixed! It was either that or I had to fill for it till I did get it fixed! Got a couple of small projects to take care of around the house today. They are saying we could see a couple inches of snow and some freezing rain today. I hope they are wrong! Log on the fire for now! Good day!

Looks good ghost  :thumbup:  Good advice Fat Guy  ;)  We had an invasion of deer last evening with eight of the biggest gray faced bucks Ive ever seen in the mix. After the big bucks moved on at least 40 does and small bucks came out feeding ahead of the snow we got last night. One four pointer came came up to our bird feeder and licked up some sun flower seeds. Thats right by our dining room windows. I think his mom brought him up here when he was a yearling. How do they know when a storm is coming?

Thanks for the advice OFG I have a full cold weather kit I keep in the car on the way to work and in the truck till I get back

My normally two hour run was almost four tonight from the snow storm hitting the st Louis area, I'm home safe now but it took way longer then it usually does to get home I took my time I slowed for road conditions.

I would rather slow down and arrive a bit late then  drive like I lack common sense and wreck a 12 ton truck.

Be safe and stay warm everyone

Since you travel a lot, SGH, it might be good to keep a weather radio with you and keep up on what is going on.  I have one in my truck (a Midland75-822 CB and Weather Radio that can also work off of a battery pack).  These are now referred to as an "All Hazards Radio" since they not only broadcast information about the weather, but also on any other emergencies occur.  I listen to the weather updates just about every day.

This one cost about $100 with an external antenna. You can pick up a battery powered All Hazards Radio starting around $30.

I keep my  icom v80 sport two meter ham radio with me it has a weather band channel.

Thanks again for the solid advice OFG

I looked for the radio you recommended and I been considering a handheld for the car

The radio you have is the number one best seller on amazon so I'm gonna give it a serious look since having my own cb would give me access to one even when I'm not in the big trucks

I think a good hike or some range time with my crossbow will be my plan for this weekend.

Roads are pretty much clear now that the road crews got ahead of the snow but I will see if modot did their job cause tonight I'm going to Jefferson city and Columbia Missouri.

Good morning! Big snow headed our way. possibility of 14 inches. That should be fun! I guess is should pull the generator out and make sure it will run!  Log on the fire for now! Good day!

I got some ideas for some crossbow hunting related content I'm gonna try to work on a series of pictures and possibly a video this weekend.

Cougar tracks on our fresh snow as my buddy AD tracked him through Abingdon the nearest town we can see from here. He walked right down a street and dug up a fish AD threw in his garden last fall and headed cross country west right towards my bottom land. Im going to go down there on the four wheeler and look for tracks later as it warms up. 40 deer +/- out in the corn field last night all does so theres a good possibility hes down there. Ill look and listen for crows and Bald Eagles around a carcass.

Look who is applying for a member ship! Hazeywolf.  :o Fake IP address so I sent him an email.

I need to drill a hole through the ice today to see if its safe for ice fishing.

I keep my  icom v80 sport two meter ham radio with me it has a weather band channel.

Thanks again for the solid advice OFG

I looked for the radio you recommended and I been considering a handheld for the car

The radio you have is the number one best seller on amazon so I'm gonna give it a serious look since having my own cb would give me access to one even when I'm not in the big trucks

I have a hand held cb radio and I can't pick up a conversation and the free way is about 3/4 mile away I really want to get into ham radio