WildSurvive Forum
Bravo

Campfire Talk

Good morning! It was cold,but somewhat sunny here yesterday. We are looking for a high in the mid 40s today and hopefully some sunshine. I went and pulled my game camera last night. I had hundreds of pictures of turkey and  a small heard of  does. Also had several pictures of a pair of young coyotes and several raccoon's. No big foots and I guess the bears are hibernating. Worked on my boat some yesterday and did several odds and ends around the house and garage. I am more than ready to get back to work. This time off would be alright if I had plenty of money, but when you are trying to watch what you spend and just stay around the house it gets kinda boring. If I have not found something by the time the weather warms back up, I can see me spending a lot of time at my in laws property at the lake. At least i can do some fishing and it not cost me much! Log on the fire for now! Good day!

Highs near 50 for a few days. Its my wifes birthday today and my Daughters tomorrow so its off to a town to take Sharen out to eat. :cam: Tomorrow is the closure on our other house and party Sat. for the birthday girls.

My oldest son turns 17 this month.  He is one of the kindest people I've ever known and an inspiration to me to be a better person every day.  He has an amazing sense of justice that makes him just a wonderful human being to spend time with.  He is quite musically inclined, plays the trumpet and sings.  Well, he has been a bit lost trying to determine what he wants to do with his future.  He knew he wanted to do something with music, but wasn't sure what. 

My wife works in the schools as a para-educator and helps children with special education needs.  My son has observed her in the school with some of these children and admired the work she does with them.  Today, he announced that he has finally decided he wants to do music therapy with people with special needs.  I never thought of it before, but it really is the absolutely most perfect place for him to go.  He gets to do his passion (Music) and continue helping people which is his real calling.    I have to say, I have had a lot of happy daddy moments with these kids of mine, but this one really put a big hug around my heart this morning so I had to share. 

Good morning! Taking my wife to the airport in Tenn. this morning, Then going to stop by Harbor Freight and pick up a couple of odds and ends. My son starts his first day on the job at the radio station where KB works. Matter of fact KB will be training him. Not sure what the rest of the day will hold, but we will see. Beautiful clear morning out right now with a temp of 24. Log on the fire for now! Good day!

Good for your son KW I still havent figured out what I want to do.  :unsure: Near 50 today and two birthday parties here. Sharen and Penny my daughter. Our house got sold and the money is back in the bank.  gen165.gif Im thinking tree house!

Morning all

Taking a trip to cabelas in St Louis to look at crossbows then I'm going to my brothers house to shoot crossbows for awhile

I saw the pictures of your little camp stove SG! It's a nice one! Will be handy when your out on the trail!

Good morning! We had sunshine and i high of 60 yesterday! It was awesome! After I got back from dropping my wife off at the airport, I tinkered around. Flew my drone a little. Changed a blown turn signal bulb in my truck. and after the sun went down I finished another knife project. I converted an old hickory butcher knife into a kepthart style knife. I am pretty pleased with how it turn out! No plans for today. Just going to chill out a little hopefully. Log on the fire for now! Good day!

I converted an Old Hickory to a thin blade survival knife. I took it to Ontario with us when we went up to see Wendy and Brian. I gave the knife to Radek Pawlowski (Mooseman) from Lesses forum. Wendy was looking at it a cut her finger pretty deep.  :blushing: It was very sharp. We whipped out survival first aid kits and fixer her up. Another coyote got careless    :bandit: Big day yesterday we had a house full for Sharen and my daughter Pennys birthday. The boys went over to the pond to ice fish and Cody our Marine grand son fell through the ice.  :o  it was only knee deep.  :P Thin near the edge I guess. The boys caught a nice crappie.

Good morning! Man what a day we had weather wise here yesterday! We had a high of 65 and a bright sunny day! Expecting a high in the 50 today, but a 90 percent chance of rain! Log on the fire! Good day!

Gonna be a long day

Sick youngin and I got home from work less then 90 mins ago guess its a good thing I don't have to be at work early tonight

Mud every where. Fog right now. Our washer broke yesterday and it isnt that old. I have to call some one Im not going to fight that. Just bring me a new one and hook it up  :P