WildSurvive Forum
Bravo

Campfire Talk

Good luck TW.  :)  Cold again but sunny a small wind so far. It has blown our flag to about half left. I guess Im going to have to go road kil hunting our Buzzards are back. How do they remember to come back here after flying half way across the country?

Where you moving to Hillbilly? We may get some snow tonight. A big gray cloud is crossing the river right now coming straight at us.

We had a busy day at the pond last afternoon. We had two Canadian Geese. Four (two pair) of Wood Ducks and seven Lesser Scoups.  Two males and five hens. These beautiful birds winter in southern Florida and Mexico and fly as far north to north western Alaska. White sided and black breasted on the males. Their diving ducks and feed on something on the bottom. Very interesting on how the communicate as the gathered in a tight group at one time and must have discussed going farther north. They decided to feed some more. Heres the interesting part. They can stay under water for several seconds so if they decide to fly out they all have to be on top or they will get left behind coming up and find them selves alone. Vay re interesting.

I see alot of diffrent geese and ducks here at the lake there was a flock of wood ducks that showed up recently with several very white ducks in the flock

I seen them too swede these im talking about look like farm ducks they are completely white like the ones u buy from farm supply stores

Pekin_Duck_With_Ducklings.thumb.jpg.b4951132d8724b9bcec3add111546ca0.jpg

Swede I'm trying to move to Oroville it's about an hour and half north east of where I am now. The local lake is one of the top places in the state for bass fishing. Here's a few pictures from the lake I'm at this weekend

uploadfromtaptalk1458496560812.jpg.24e00e979358db90a125e51153d43a76.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1458496580385.jpg.7ff24fdfb354d15b80463b1632b98e97.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1458496591014.jpg.9abc0a7e8e9a03fa3f64707c5109c184.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1458496602469.jpg.6f1a220adbf78c9323462b4bcd2ba7d3.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1458496615913.jpg.868b551afad9edd6aa2476f79d2660e6.jpg

Good morning! It got down to around freezing here last night. I hope it didnt kill my peach tree out. It was loaded with blooms. I mowed the grass on Saturday! It looks a  lot better now! Got some limbs to trim then I will feel pretty good about the yard for the most part!. Heading to TN for the day! Log on the fire for now!

Nothing blooming here yet and its getting below freezing at night. I saw a coyote run out of the south end of the pond pasture this morning when I took the trash down to the end of the lane for pickup.  :/

Good evening!Well I start my new job on April 4 for a company in Morristown, TN Took the physical this evening and all seemed to go well. The doctor did appear a bit concerned about the titanium rod in my leg from my motorcycle accident 5 years ago. I told her it doesn't affect me in anyway, but she still seemed a bit concerned.Hopefully its all good!

Good evening!Well I start my new job on April 4 for a company in Morristown, TN Took the physical this evening and all seemed to go well. The doctor did appear a bit concerned about the titanium rod in my leg from my motorcycle accident 5 years ago. I told her it doesn't affect me in anyway, but she still seemed a bit concerned.Hopefully its all good!

Congrats Kentucky/Tennessee Woodsman!

I seen them too swede these im talking about look like farm ducks they are completely white like the ones u buy from farm supply stores

American Pekin duck. We had 100's of them at one time. Great for getting rid of crickets.