WildSurvive Forum
Bravo

Campfire Talk

I invested in another dutch oven a couple of days ago i now have a 4qt for baking and cooking just for the family and a 8qt deep for making large meals or cooking for company

Thats the 8qt on the left

20160404_181940.thumb.jpg.767525ed26fa43c82612fb565603caed.jpg

Good evening! Hope everyone has had a good day! Been very windy here in TN today! Found some TN spring water! i cant tell much difference in it and KY stump juice, the end reslut seems to be the same! lol Good evening everyone! Log on the fire for now!

Same oh cloudy windy cold day here again and looks like the rest of the week. We got our red poppy and hollyhock seeds we need to get planted whenever it dries up some. Mowed the old garden area yesterday again. The rest of the grass isnt growing very fast yet. We got our new flag but were waiting for the wind to quit to put it out.

We had a pair of Banded or Collard Doves here yesterday. Their almost white with a black band around their necks. They were introduced in the U.S. a few years ago and are spreading across the country. Their sitting ducks for hawks and Falcons because of their color and they look like pigeons.

Eurasian_Collared-Dove_d16-17-010_l_1.thumb.jpg.fc5f968c6c32b974d4215cca1e88ab81.jpg

Good morning! Heading back to KY today for an overnight visit at home. We have had strong winds for several days now with temps in 50 to low 60s here in TN most days this week. My wife said they had hail and ice last night for a short time. Just when you winter has finally passed it rises up with one last gasp! Log on the fire for now! Good day!

Last gasp might be a bit premature TKW. Sun today for a change and no wind yet. We have a bunch of bushes to plant Sharen has bought for the hillside of the pond pasture. Ill mow the front yard again today it faces the south and the grass there is growing but so far the pasture is slow to growing.

eww yuk snow we got warm weather here I think the climate switched places usually the west gets let spring gonna make instant potatoes with my mini stove tonight I am trying out stuff I can make with my mini stove for farmageddon I almost got the money saved I had to be very frugel for about 4 months I should have it all by may

Good morning! Sure was good to get back home even if it was just for the night! Our dog Judith tackled me when I got out of the truck and has not left my side since yesterday. I am pretty sure she missed me. lol  Heading back to TN this afternoon. I was fairly settled in by Friday. So hopefully I can get out and do some fishing and hiking this week after I get off in the evenings! Good day everyone!

We got a little rain last night and it was supposed to rain all day today but nothing so far. We needed a little rain to rain in the seeds we planted yesterday. Red Poppies and Hollyhocks. Sharen with the help of our son in law Kevin got all of her flowering bushes planted yesterday and I got the grass mowed by the old hay shed. I ran out of fuel in my 950 tractor and I had to run to town for more so I could finish the mowing. Dave and Julie the bottom dwellers are coming up for lunch today were having shrimp cocktail and my home made potato chips. Pay back for him plowing and disking our new potato patch and my Wild Rye grass patch where I had the sun flowers last year. 

Potatoes look good Kim. Light weight to carry and very good meal to survive on. BIG warm up this week mid 70s by the weekend. Were planing to have a camp fire Sat. evening if any one wants to come.

I may take u up on that swede its been awhile since i sat around a campfire

Good evening! Cool and windy here in East Tennessee this evening. After I got off work I went over to a buddies campsite on the other end of the lake and set around the campfire and ate dinner with him and his wife and some other friends. Tasted pretty good after a busy day at work. I really need to get out and do some running, but my motivation is no where to be found right now for some reason. Log on the fire for now! Good night everyone!

Spring fever TKW. Great weather for a week here. Lots of stuff to come up and bloom. The birds are in full rut now.

I saw a Brown Thrasher this morning.There one of the Mocking Bird family with Mocking Birds and Gray Catbirds. They repeat a long list of sounds and whistles. Cat Birds repeat the sounds twice while the others may repeat several times. Our Meadow Larks are busy making nests in the Rye Grass in the farmers field. Thats NOT going to work when he plants that field. Thats why Meadow Lark numbers has more then doubled in lower numbers because there are very few meadows now as every thing is fields.

EasternMeadowlark-Vyn_060330_0002_1.jpg.04836f540e0a7fb09391e0914f6264f0.jpg