WildSurvive Forum
Bravo

Campfire Talk

I forgot just how good mushrooms were. Sharen and I went fishing in the pond and we caught three nice bluegills and several small ones we didnt keep to mix with the morels. Nice supper living off the land. Very busy ducks and geese on the pond this morning. A few Wood Ducks, two pair of Canadian Geese, The Mallard pair and a pair of Blue Wing Teal.

Got more bank lines set out this afternoon im still looking for a spot to set my trotline

Got really hot yesterday and the buffalo gnats chased me around on my mower.  Im going to have to look up my face net. I looked around for some mushrooms yesterday and found none. Its really dry around here. The battery went bad in my Cub riding mower so were going to Galesburg to get one today along with some copper sulfate for killing some moss in the pond.

Wonderful rain today that should bring up my taters. Its been very dry. It may be too late for mushrooms.

About an inch of rain here yesterday with a lot of wind. We needed the rain. Started on my garden - got potatoes, beets, radishes, carrots, kohlrabi and onions in so far. My lilacs are about ready to bloom too.

I see your farther north then us. Lilacs been blooming here. We dont plant much veggies were in direct competition with wild animals. Sharens flowers and bushes shes planted are all doing well. She had an appointment with the cancer doctor today and nothing to worry about. Might have to watch a couple of spots but spot radiation will take care of it if we have to. Shes been very busy outside all spring and getting along great. She even got on her rider and mowed the yard.  :thumbup:

It went from 95 degrees on Tuesday to 50 degrees and raining. I had to get my overcoat and sweaters back out. Space Ace and his 3rd grade class did a presentation last night on the Presidents of the United States. Very educational.

Good evening! Sorry I haven't been around much. Been working a LOT of hours and with very limited internet it is hard for me to get on here much anymore or any website for that matter. I am not complaining though at least I am back to work and being a productive member of society. Sounds like everyone is staying busy! Log on the fire for now and good night everyone!

KW this ones for you my friend i been bank lining and trotlining for the past week and i moved my bank lines to a creek on the north side of my mobile home park

IMG_1436-1.jpg.21742fdb41f8c86b45b3e3d6537d5afc.jpg

KW this ones for you my friend i been bank lining and trotlining for the past week and i moved my bank lines to a creek on the north side of my mobile home park

Thanks man! Always fun to run them especially when you see the limb dancing around!

Looks like a Bullhead SGH. Mo rain today. Nothing frog drowner but steady rain. My taters are up finally. Still no mushrooms but 70 by the end of the week.

Yea small bullhead swede creek full of them

KW thats where illinois is stupid i can run bank lines and bank poles but no limb lines so i got the lines tied to the base of small trees

We havent had many Bullheads around here for years. One creek I know of has some but few and far between. Most people think Bullheads are better eaten then Channel Cats. We needed an air traffic controller on the pond today, Three Mallards got in an knock down fight over a female, our Canadians came and went all day, the Wood Ducks came back to the nest box, two GIANT Great Blue Herons, the biggest Ive ever seen, came and went a few times, and a pair of Blue Winged Teal. I went for a four wheeler ride and found one of the neighborhood cows out in our set aside. I finally had to yell at her and she suddenly remembered where she got out.  :box:

you have the best reality t.v. swede with all the wildlife nice today about 60 day I think I found a place for my fishing pole a place called peogin creek 

That creek is full of carp catfish and turtles the bullheads strike pretty hard over there.

Tomorrow im gonna set more bank lines over there since im catching fish in the creek but not in the lake

MOrain today. If that dont bring mushrooms nothing will. I saw a Rose Breasted Grosbeak this morning.