WildSurvive Forum
Bravo

Campfire Talk

Raining here. My Chinese Forget-me-nots are starting to sprout in the Garden of Awesome. I listed a nice 5 bedroom bay front for rent yesterday!

Chinese forget me nots cant say Ive ever seen those Pete.  I went mower crazy in spite of wet grass but my big mowers went right through it. Barn Swallows dive bombed the mower trying to catch bugs I was stirring up. Sometimes so close I could touch them.

very nice today but I stayed in today cleaned kitchen wow a 5 bedroom beachfront I wish I was rich sounds like your garden of awesome is doing just great muddy

Those are the best eatin size SGH. Big warm up this week. We aint seen the sun shine since I dont know when. Hopefully we will find some mushrooms this week. Dont forget to check out Bravos apps in member news.

81 degrees out and had to go grocery shopping today  gen165.gif thank goodness the bus was air conditioned I think I will get my hair cut and thined this week  :thumbup:

alright swede  :thumbup: way cooler today and some wind but overall nice I have most of my train money just a few more bucks and I am set  :hugegrin: gonna go around to 2nd hand stores to find a lougage roller cart thing so I don't have to carry everything  8|

Good to hear Kim. Im still working on a big improvement to the camping area. I finally got my Samurai moved and its in the garage charging the battery.

Good evening! Pouring the rain, strong winds and a few claps of thunder and lighting tonight here in TN. Suppose to really cool off tonight with even a chance of snow in the Smokies which I can see from my hilltop campsite here on Cherokee Lake. Heading home early on Friday to watch my oldest daughters RN pinning ceremony Friday evening. Log on the fire for now and good evening!

39 here this morning. I found two hhhhuuugggee mushrooms yesterday that had fell apart. At least they released a lot of spores before they fell apart. Lots of progress here at the farm and my old body is feeling it.  :unsure:

you be carful muddy  :thumbup: sun and a little cooler today yeah swede my body got worn out from all the travaling last week I feel a little sick  :(

Looked and last post back in December!!  Gonna definitely try to get back more often.  Been busy, though.  Tess and I have about 50 Ash trees, (15 to 3 inch, depending on how much sun they got) planted more than 25 years ago.  They all are dead now from borer.  Back in December, I had not bought any firewood, since these were all going to have to be taken down.  Cutting maybe 2 a week, and getting brought in...kept me pretty busy.

We've also had some health issues, which I am not going to go into...except that one of them has been a worsening knee for Tess, and she has an appointment next month.  Car situations, new batteries for a couple, bad spark plug wires Suburban, Van needed some little part replaced, car bad idler pulley almost got serpentine belt, car also had new exhaust and found that front strut needed 3 new bushings, and now car is....according to the OBD....missing on number one cylinder.  Lucky our repair guy is only 3 miles away and he's been doing a good job for us.

Back to the trees, the power company decided they needed to trim our side and front trees, and of course, talking to the tree surgeon guy that decides what will be trimmed versus cut, they are going to take out 4 ashes, trim our birch, hickory, sugar maple, 48 inch cottonwood, and 48 inch catalpa.  I've been keeping an eye on the trim crew, being as helpful as I can be....It took 5 visits from them, and 3 different crews.  However, they trimmed everything the way we wanted.  Now...I have a bunch of firewood to cut up and stack...so I can start mowing.  (Piles of brush and cut logs everywhere.) Mowed for the first time yesterday.  Gah that stuff was wet and high...but only tire blow up issues with the swisher pull behind mower and the tractor.

Backhoe is now working again, after a year in the shop, and a 3700 dollar bill.  When we got it back, still couldn't start it.  Investigated, and found starter twice as large as one they had on it.  Put this larger one on, surprise, it fits, and could very well have been the one it was supposed to have all along.  Well, the engine has a new crankshaft and gaskets, so at least that is something for our money.  Surprise, it now starts and I've been making a rigorous effort to start it and do something with it at least every two weeks.

Mom spent a sizeable amount of the time since I was last on either in the hospital or nursing home, so we've been visiting regularly.  She's back home again with brother and doing OK.

I now realize there's a bunch of smaller issues that I can barely remember.

I spent roughly two hours reading the 45 pages of campfire talk since I was last on.  I hope everything is going well for everyone.

Survivor Girl in particular...you commented quite regularly on gloom and no sun.  10 or so years ago, we had a very odd year for weather, and if I remember correctly it was over cast and no sun for something like a month or so straight.  Everybody was getting cabin fever and grouchy.  We fixed it for us by replacing all our fluorescent lights with what is called "full spectrum" tubes and bulbs.  It seems like a harsh indoor light but you get used to it, and it seriously put me and the wife into better moods.

Glad to hear Sharen seems better and that she got her shoulder fixed.  KW seems like things are going well.  Hope SGH's new job is going well as well (seems to be a bit clumsy sentence structure).  Muddy, Old, Razor, and I'm sure I missed someone, keep up the good work.  Tess and I have been sneaking some bushcraft into our routine.  I've learned lashing, which I was aware of but couldn't do very well, and we've both been working on fire starting.  I learned some new knots, but I really need to practice them often to remember them.  Thinking of making a plastic card for the best of them, cause one of the fellas somewhere made a good point that if you are in a survival situation and confused or scared, having a card so you don't have to guess how to tie a certain knot is a really good idea.  I am still pretty partial to my magnesium block, but wife wants to relearn fire bow.  We've been playing with fire plow, but haven't been successful.  I think that one needs us to develop some muscles...so it will take a while.

Anyhow, I'll close this book and try to get on here a bit more often....maybe even with someone else on...grin.

U take care of yourself nuker u and tess big part of this family here...

This is my first 3 day weekend so im going fishing

Hope to see you on the first week end in October again this year. Our members enjoyed your visit last year. Im making some improvement to the camp ground I think every one will like. Another cold morning but big warm up later today. Adrian fell off a log crossing a big ravine mushrooming and thanks for showing Sharen and I your huge bruise on your ass. His whole cheek is black.  doh.gif  At least we got some mushrooms from him.

Bank lines bank lines and more bank lines today then it be time to tie up some jug lines