WildSurvive Forum
Bravo

Campfire Talk

Good evening everyone! Sounds like everyone is busy and enjoying life! Sorry I haven't been around much lately. Not having a reliable source for internet has really slowed my surfing down. Finally got to take my new Kayak out last Thursday. Had a really nice sunset to look at while I was paddling. I go home tomorrow for a very short 3 hour trip to watch my son Graduate High School then I have to head back to TN to work 2 more days. Log on the fire for now! Good night!

I was worried about you KWT thanks for stopping by. We had an interesting storm last night with 50+ winds for awhile. No damage here so far I may have a tree down some where.

hi guys working with my flint and steel I can get sparks but they will not land on my char cloth  :help:

The sparks generated by a striker steel are not as hot as a ferro rod. So you have to get closer to the char cloth. Try holding the charcloth in the same hand as your flint. 

Thats right Pete. Kim hold the char cloth on top of the flint with your thumb right on the edge of the flint.

Thats right Pete. Kim hold the char cloth on top of the flint with your thumb right on the edge of the flint.

Didn't you do a video on how to do that, Swede?  I remember seeing something on that at it really helped me figure it out.

Yup I found it and put it on facebook to show Kim. I tried to put it on here but it was to large.  Thanks for stopping by Bob.

I got a bunch of mowing done before it got too hot. My tractor started smelling like antifreeze that means is starting to boil so I quit.

Been busy but i do check on the website everyday i may not post but im here

I've been doing actual work at work. The kitchen sink started to leak Monday night. I just got it put back together this morning. I'm hoping to get a hike in this afternoon before it rains. Sunday, I'm headed for the outer banks for the week. I should have internet, but if not, I'm not in a ditch.

Thanks for the support every one. Forums around the internet are fazing out. Just another internet site that is losing out to all the other social media I guess. We are an information web site and thats what we have to offer.As long as people come to check out our information we may actually save a life now and then.  I need to thank people for their support now and then I guess.  :arigato:  :arigato:  :arigato: