WildSurvive Forum
Bravo

Campfire Talk

Good evening everyone! Decided to log on through my hot spot on the cellphone to check in with everyone. I am not in a ditch just been staying busy at work and using what little free time I get lately to be outside. Does anyone on the forum use tapatalk? If so do you like it? I still don't have internet other than my cellphone and using it as a hot spot really eats up the data. Also has anyone used Hughes Net Gen4? They claim it is really fast now, but I have never heard anything, but bad stuff about Hughes Net in the past. Good evening everyone. Log on the fire for now!

Good morning! Just downloaded the tapatalk app. Going to give it try. So far doesn't seem too bad. My son is staying here at the lake in TN with me through the week. He and I have been staying busy in the evenings. Last night we kayaked on German Creek and ran at Cherokee park. Log on the fire for now! Good day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the last day of decent temps then its high 90s for a week and no rain in the forecast till next Tuesday.  :devil:

Good evening everyone! Decided to log on through my hot spot on the cellphone to check in with everyone. I am not in a ditch just been staying busy at work and using what little free time I get lately to be outside. Does anyone on the forum use tapatalk? If so do you like it? I still don't have internet other than my cellphone and using it as a hot spot really eats up the data. Also has anyone used Hughes Net Gen4? They claim it is really fast now, but I have never heard anything, but bad stuff about Hughes Net in the past. Good evening everyone. Log on the fire for now!

I am using Hughes Net Gen 4 KW.  It isn't fast like fiber optics or cable. But it does function pretty well over all IF you do not have any other choice in internet service providers.  I also always seen to be watching my data usage to make sure I do not go over for the month.

If you do not have land based internet available it is worth getting.

just the oppesite here swede cloudy and rainy normal washington weather  :( took the bus to get money on my bus pass and cat food  :thumbsup:

I am using Hughes Net Gen 4 KW.  It isn't fast like fiber optics or cable. But it does function pretty well over all IF you do not have any other choice in internet service providers.  I also always seen to be watching my data usage to make sure I do not go over for the month.

If you do not have land based internet available it is worth getting.

Thanks Appalachian Survivor. I have called every internet provider in this area and none them will run the service to our property due to the distance. So looks like if I want Internet Hughes Net will be my only choice at this time. Do you rent your equipment or did you purchase it? 400 plus seems a little steep, but so does 100 plus a month for Internet too if you rent the equipment. Lol

Were using something Blue I forget the name and its working well. Oh its Wild Blue.

Were using something Blue I forget the name and its working well. Oh its Wild Blue.

I will look into that one too! Is it satellite or Regular wired Internet?

Good morning everyone! Getting ready to walk into work and trying not to dread another 11 plus hour day, but grateful for the job. Log on the fire for now. Have a good day!

Thanks Appalachian Survivor. I have called every internet provider in this area and none them will run the service to our property due to the distance. So looks like if I want Internet Hughes Net will be my only choice at this time. Do you rent your equipment or did you purchase it? 400 plus seems a little steep, but so does 100 plus a month for Internet too if you rent the equipment. Lol

I rent equipment because if it fails they have to cover it and when they upgrade systems you can get an upgrade.

Here is a link to the community for Hughesnet.

https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet

It will be a valuable resource for you if you decide to go with them.

This is a help site so if you check it out you are going to see a ton of negative stuff there.  I have had nothing but a positive experience.  If you use their community for any problems you have it will make your life a lot easier. There are a bunch of very knowledgeable members and Hughes Top tier reps are there weekdays. They get stuff taken care of.  There are a ton of tips and tricks on that site to help control data usage too.

If you decide to go with it send me a PM and I will send you a ton of information on controlling data so you can get the most out of it.

Have a Great day. .

Happy Thursday All !!!

I rent equipment because if it fails they have to cover it and when they upgrade systems you can get an upgrade.

Here is a link to the community for Hughesnet.

https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet

It will be a valuable resource for you if you decide to go with them.

This is a help site so if you check it out you are going to see a ton of negative stuff there.  I have had nothing but a positive experience.  If you use their community for any problems you have it will make your life a lot easier. There are a bunch of very knowledgeable members and Hughes Top tier reps are there weekdays. They get stuff taken care of.  There are a ton of tips and tricks on that site to help control data usage too.

If you decide to go with it send me a PM and I will send you a ton of information on controlling data so you can get the most out of it.

Have a Great day. .

Happy Thursday All !!!

Thanks Appalachian Survivor! I went back to the website and looked it over again. I have got to do something for sure. I am using a ton of data through my cell service.

I just found out I am getting transferred to the Companies Kodak plant to take the maint. Team leader position. You know  what is really cool about that? This means I am less than a mile from the Smoky Mountain Bass Pro and less than 2 miles from Smoky MountIn Knife Works and the Big Coleman Camping Outlet!

Worked this morning till 10am my son and I are on our way to pick up the wife then we are going g to dive a new quarry that just opened to diving.  Should be pretty cool. They have a fire truck and a school bus sunk there to dive in.

Good morning! It was a fast and furious weekend, but still enjoyable. Setting in the parking lot at work trying to get my set for work for right now. Lol it's been extremely hot the last few days in TN and KY. At least the humidity has not been too bad yet. Log on the fire for now. Good day!