WildSurvive Forum
Bravo

Campfire Talk

Whats the motor doing or not doing KW?

It was running way too rich. It is a very old motor(1957 Johnson Seahorse) with the speed and rich/lean controls on it. I tried leaning  it out, but that just made matters worse. lol It went from running at very slow speed to not running at all and no matter what I did it wouldn't start. Once I got it back to the dock and out of the water, pulled on it one time and it tried to fire right up. lol I took it back to the shop that had been working on it and they are going to try again. I told him this time instead of just running it in a barrel to take it on the lake and make sure its ready to go. I am getting tired of my fishing trips ending up being being just long slow rides back to the dock due to engine problems, but what do I expect running worn out motors. I am planning to get my 25hp Evinrude rebuilt this winter and hopefully that will take care of a lot of these issues. I have priced a new outboard and that is just not in the cards anytime soon! Dang they are expensive!

One of my favorite expression is.  "A boat is a hole in the water you are trying to fill with money".    That stuff aint cheap by a long shot.

Two things has the carb been taken off and rebuilt and cleaned. This new gas is a pain. Sounds like the float is sticking. Second compression may be week. Clean the float valve seat. Look on line for parts there out there especially Johnson. Maybe order a new carb and gasket. The oil in the gas remains in the engine as the gas evaporates.

When ever it dies and wont start its flooded from a float running over. Take a spark plug out and see if its wet or dry.

ok went for a walk to the store today yesterday after watching kw's video I noticed muddypetes super fun survial bag video so I watched part 2 he was talking about electrolites and to get emeren-c so I thought sounds good to me so today I got some from the store and used it on my walk back it worked great I didn't feel like the walking dead coming home just got hot thanks muddy for that awesome advice  :thumbsup:

Two things has the carb been taken off and rebuilt and cleaned. This new gas is a pain. Sounds like the float is sticking. Second compression may be week. Clean the float valve seat. Look on line for parts there out there especially Johnson. Maybe order a new carb and gasket. The oil in the gas remains in the engine as the gas evaporates.

When ever it dies and wont start its flooded from a float running over. Take a spark plug out and see if its wet or dry.

Well the mechanic that just did the work was supposed to have removed and checked it out throughly. I actually saw it run in a barrel and sounded fine. Throttled up good and sounded strong, but it just would come up to speed when I pulled out of the marina. Then I turned the lean screw in a half turn and it quit. I yanked and yanked on it and just wouldn't start. Tried going back out a half turn to where it had just ran minutes before and it still wouldn't start. I talked to the mechanic today and he is suppose to have it ready to pick up Tuesday evening no matter what.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good evening not much new around here still trying to move. On the up side I finally got my court date with my disability case it's in October. Kw good luck with the boat

Sent from my SM-G530T1 using Tapatalk

ok went for a walk to the store today yesterday after watching kw's video I noticed muddypetes super fun survial bag video so I watched part 2 he was talking about electrolites and to get emeren-c so I thought sounds good to me so today I got some from the store and used it on my walk back it worked great I didn't feel like the walking dead coming home just got hot thanks muddy for that awesome advice  :thumbsup:

Cool. If you are using Gatoraid. Be sure to dilute with lots of water. Salty peanuts work as well.

~  Happy Independence Day Weekend y'all. I came here to remind folks that a fighting spirit won this Nation. We did not evolve from a bunch of lay down our rights or our guns bunch of wussies. We were born out of turmoil... war, slavery, reconstruction, burning down, and building back up. And THAT is what made us great inventors... great poets, great Pioneers, Engineers, and great Scientists. Always keep one eye on what's ahead, one eye on what's behind, and your heart and your head in the NOW. Because that's the most powerful moment that exists.

tosses a log on the fire.

Well shucks"D"  we dont do much thinkin about all that we mainly just be prepared on every level.  happy070.gif

~  Happy Independence Day Weekend y'all. I came here to remind folks that a fighting spirit won this Nation. We did not evolve from a bunch of lay down our rights or our guns bunch of wussies. We were born out of turmoil... war, slavery, reconstruction, burning down, and building back up. And THAT is what made us great inventors... great poets, great Pioneers, Engineers, and great Scientists. Always keep one eye on what's ahead, one eye on what's behind, and your heart and your head in the NOW. Because that's the most powerful moment that exists.

tosses a log on the fire.

Truth in every word. 

your right taken  :thumbup: you have a wonderful and safe time with space ace muddy  :grin: walked to the store again today I used the emergen-c there and back I love it  :cool:

On again and off again light rain here and riding out looking for blackberries will get you wet. I went from heat exhaustion to hypothermia.  :unsure: Im worried about our pond with all these 90s the water looks bad and I havent caught any thing for weeks.  :o

"I'll be back" my favorite part in alein is when snugorny weaver is back against the wall and the alein guy is right up to her and opens his mouth and if i remember correclly a smaller head comes out  scared011.gif

Good afternoon Campers! Well the long weekend is almost over, but the nice thing is a long weekend usually leads to a short work week! We have had a whirlwind of a weekend. Went diving at a new quarry on Saturday and kayaked 4 miles of the Clinch River in Southwest VA yesterday. Spent today recovering. lol I hope everyone has had a good weekend! Log on the fire for now and good evening!

We made some progress on the stoves for the lodge. Put the legs on the wood cook stove and put it on square foot stones to keep it level. Limestone floor chips will be covered with one of our 20=20 tarps during the get together. Like a carpet.  :P  Im planing on giant steamed shrimp this year for the main not regular food.  :hugegrin: I had to order a part for the gas fire place. I think thats why it wont light. I cant seem to hear from Nuker and his wife. Im really happy with the cook stove looks great. Ive got to get the chimney put up yet. Ill get some pictures up soon.

sounds great  :grin: I hope nuker and his wife come I loved his wife it was nice to talk survival with another woman she showed me her bob it was impressive and she was a girl scout too  :grin:

Happy day after the 4th everyone. Space Ace and I watched Alien and Terminator on Sunday. My buddy Mark brought his son over and the kids hit it off. We had pizza and birthday ice cream. Then we set off fireworks in his front yard. Then we put out the fire in the front yard.

sounds like you guys had a wonderful time  :thumbup: I watched them on t.v. I had to stay home becouse taz is scared of the fireworks  8|

Just want to say HEY........  Hope everyone is having a good day.  We had storms here on and off all day with much needed rain.

Log on the fire... Have a great day all !!            :arigato: