WildSurvive Forum
Bravo

Campfire Talk

Good evening! Been storming here on the TN side of the Great Smoky Mountains! Thunder is still booming around the lake here as I type. Work is going good and the new plant is progressing a little more each day. Had planned on getting out and going for a run this evening, but I really don't want to dodge lighting right now. Log on the fire for now and everyone have a good night.

Hey App  :wave:  Hey KW  :wave:  Hey Kim  :wave:  Hey Muddy  :wave: Picked up my chimney pipe today for the Lodge but I dont like one piece so back up tomorrow morning to get a better one. Mowed the south side of the pasture this evening. I mowed off what was left of our potato patch and the spray out fit gave me $200 for my loss. Pure genetic seed doesnt last at all with round up weed killer.  :dead: I caught a nice bluegill over at the pond this evening. Threw him back.

We went out for German food last night and came through North East Philadelphia. Oh, the crack of gun fire one block from where you're stopped at a red light.

The 15K run for your favorite charity finally got under way today after several false starts due to the gun fire from the inner city.  BBBBBRRRUMMMP BUMP CHING!  scared011.gif

I'm getting excited.  Be headed out to scout camp all next week.  I am so burnt out.  I have only camped 12 days this year, and I usually have 25 or more by now.  I need some dirt time in a bad, bad way.    Hope everyone is enjoying a decent summer so far.  Give or take the heat, flooding and storms that seem to be a little more prevalent than average. 

Painted turtles SGH. I posted in your post to take pictures into paint- resize and click pixels to around 640/480

did you let them go  :'(  scary stuff muddy pete  8| everett has the same problem I dont go out at night :nono: very mild summer so far here not like last year we were in the 80's and 90's but it is humid  :)

Good evening! More storms this evening. Seems like its rained all week. Getting my gear ready to head home after work tomorrow. Got a lot to get done around the house after spending last weekend playing. lol Woke up at 3am this morning and could not go back to sleep so I left for work early and put in 1.5 miles at a new county park I found down here. Kinda funny how in different places you have to beware for different types of wildlife. I have never seen a venomous snake here and I know there is a few bears around, but the one thing you really have to keep your eyes peeled for here is SKUNKS. Man i have never seen a place so invested with skunks. I have one that stays around camp here and I if am not careful I am going to meet him at the wrong time. Granted he can't hurt me, but I am pretty sure I would still get the bad end of the deal. lol I kept eyes peeled for them at the park this morning too! How can something that looks so innocent put off  such a smell. Log on the fire for now! Good night!

I asked the same thing about Doc KW.  :P  Skunks that are used to be around people hold their fire pretty good some times. Weve had one PU we call him/her and shes pretty good about us but we smell her once in awhile.

I hold my scent until it's needed.... or not.... LOL

Skunks are one of the only creatures around here I keep my distance from.  Not for fear, but having smelled and hit enough of them with my car, I don't want to have to deal with that.  I think I'd rather go all Yakuza and chop off a knuckle than tangle with a skunk.  :blink:

Making slow progress on the heaters for the lodge. After replacing some parts on the fireplace heater I think my regulator was too small.  :mad: I finally got the first piece of chimney bent to fit the oval chimney out of the wood burner stove funny how store people look at you when your buying wood burner chimney parts in the middle of summer.  :unsure:

Good morning! More strong storms in TN, VA, and KY yesterday. Man has it been a stormy week. Trees are down everywhere and there is signs of wind damage all over the place. Luckily we were dry enough that the ground has soaked most of the rain up like a sponge and flooding has been limited in most places. I have got a ton of work to get done to today, so i better get out of here and get to it! Have a great day everyone!

Were just getting lots of sun here 80s so far and a nice breeze. Ive got the next section of the wood stove chimney done and that should put it on the ceiling and the hard part of cutting a round hole.  :help:  I found out the lp gas fire place just needed a larger regulator and it should be here Tuesday.  The yard and old garden needs mowed but I may be on strike for the rest of the day.  :unsure:

Went and checked the bank lines this morning caught yet another soft shell turtle

Good morning! Got most everything completed that I had on my list yesterday. Now i wont have to stress about them this week while i am gone. I am going to make a couple of modifications to my kayak that should really improve my ability to carry a little more if I choose to do so. It has a small hatch for storing keys/wallet/etc, but that is really the only internal storage it has other than what is at my feet. The whole area behind my seat is empty, but I have no way of getting to it right now. I have ordered a hatch to install in the back that will open this area up and allow me to use it for storage and i want to install a rod holder for fishing and possibly a paddle keeper. These mods wont require a lot of work, but should really make it a lot better. Have great day everyone! Log on the fire for now.

Got the hay barn pasture mowed and finished my damper piece for the wood burner chimney. My bigger regulator should be here tomorrow to see if the fire place works. I need my main man to cut the hole in the roof I cant get up there.  :o

Good morning! Just finished the drive from KY to TN. Ready to start another work week! I hope it's a good one! Log on the fire for now. Have a good day everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk