WildSurvive Forum
Bravo

Campfire Talk

oh thats wonderful muddy can you make your own knife and stuff :naughty: lazy day today worked on muddy blancket I ran out of yarn need to get some tomorrow  :thumbsup:

I suspect we'll be making horse shoes or horse shoe like objects.

Yea Kim knives can be made but that's a advanced down the road project for any blacksmith horse shoes are a basic way to get a feel for black smithing

Sunday I start a new adventure with some sgh road trips again

I got my sickle mower home with out incident till I unloaded it off my trailer with my end loader tractor and the mower tipped down and let the nine foot sickle bar flop over and put a $500 dent in our car.    :cry:  doh.gif  :nono:

Afternoon everyone, the wife and I spent the evening in Hot Springs, NC. A trail town on the Appalachian Trail. Didn't get to hike any, but we did spend about an hour at the Hot Spring and had a good dinner at the Iron Horse Station Tavern. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My new used sickle mower did OK but more adjustments are in order. It got way too hot to work on it any more today.

Good afternoon! On lunch break and looking for quitting time! My wife has been here all week, but had to head back to KY today. It's going to be quite at the campsite tonight. Still having to keep my eyes peeled for skunks. I had two in the yard the other evening. I couldn't make them leave. I finally just started unloading my truck with them wondering around the yard. Never seen nothing to beat it. They are. It the least bit afraid. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A skunk will usually stamp their feet and turn their ass towards you with their tail up. Usually.

Storm passed through last night with lots of fan fare. The power went out past midnight but we were prepared and got a lamp lit. Still cloudy so far and cool at least for awhile.

almost through the big three eh congrats  :thumbsup: theres a war of the worlds monument I saw both movies the origanal and the newest origanal was better I think  :whistle: oh I got a new microwave oven I lug it to the bus and home in my little cart I am exhusted now  gen165.gif

We decided to go to Galesburg a few miles north of here and got two turtle sundaes. In the early 60s that was the city I ran around in with my best friends. On the way out from the DQ I just picked a side street and drove through less then the better part of town and my memory began reliving things from long ago. Then from then on it seemed a memory would follow another some good some very bad. Then a farmer I knew well out drinking who had a fight with his wife and crashed his car there and froze to death before they could find him. Then at an up scale private lake we got tossed in county jail for the night. I didnt get any ata boys for that one. Just a continuous spread of memories all the way home. Now when I get a chance to sit it out or dance I sit it out. Haunted by memories, plagued by missed opportunities, saw death in the face far too many times I sit in my man cave sun room and contemplate whats left of my life.

almost through the big three eh congrats  :thumbsup: theres a war of the worlds monument I saw both movies the origanal and the newest origanal was better I think  :whistle: oh I got a new microwave oven I lug it to the bus and home in my little cart I am exhusted now  gen165.gif

In the original WOTW radio broadcast, Grovers Mill, NJ was the first place the Martians landed. The farm is now a park with signs all over listing WOTW trivia.

oh wow I had no idea thats cool  :cool:  walked to the store today with my little cart and back this time I took my emergen-c  :thumbup: I think I did some damage to my outer hip thigh when I feel down the stairs in 2009 it hurts  :ranting:

Your just getting old Kim.  A Cormorant was on the pond or should I say IN the pond this morning. That is a first. Lots of dead fish coming down Cedar Creek Bottom Dweller Dave reported yesterday . Hot weather and low water levels are killing fish all over Illinois.

Today is a new chapter for me in my book of life

My current job wasn't paying enough to keep up with life so I have taken a trucking job with Cr England driving over the road

Thanks ofg it was a much needed change since there was really no advancement with my last company