WildSurvive Forum
Bravo

Campfire Talk

Good morning! I hope everyone had a good weekend! We kayaked a 3 mile stretch of the Cumberland River onSaturday. Just a slow relaxing float with not much paddling required. Napped the day away yesterday. Therefore I didn't get anything done at the house this past weekend. Oh well it will be there when I get back on Friday.  Log on the fire for now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good morning! Awesome sunrise on the way into work this morning! It's going to be another hot one in the plant today! Already 83 degrees in here. By the time we left yesterday evening it was 94. Definitely not going to freeze to death. Lol  before we know it though the there will be frost on the ground. You can already tell a big difference in the amount of daylight. It won't be long till we are in the dark days of winter. Log on the fire for now! Hope everyone has a great day!

Got to make it a great day KW

I'm in day 2 of 17 days at Cr England's trucking school then I got 30 days over the road before I see any home time

The creek killer has been found and a press release will be given sometime today. Im saving some water out of my creek to have this guy drink.  :curse: 

That whole situation sucks! Makes you wonder if it was an honest mistake or did he know what he was doing. You would have thought any farmer would have know better than to dump pure manure in a stream. If he has to pay a fine I would be willing to bet he won't make this mistake twice.

KW you should see the mansion this guy had built. They knew exactly what they were doing. All available land in Illinois is either corn or beans so big confinements dont have any place to spread manure from their lagoons. Were still waiting  to see what the EPA is going to do but they made them start digging a bigger lagoon at night. The family is more concerned about who turned them in.

KW you should see the mansion this guy had built. They knew exactly what they were doing. All available land in Illinois is either corn or beans so big confinements dont have any place to spread manure from their lagoons. Were still waiting  to see what the EPA is going to do but they made them start digging a bigger lagoon at night. The family is more concerned about who turned them in.

None of this really surprises me, unfortunately. A fine probably won't affect them in anyway if they are that loaded.

Looks like its really going to get hot there Muddy. Iowa is under water. Were getting some nice rain here.

Good morning campers! We made it to another Friday! Headed back to Kentucky this evening. As far as I am concerned this will be a rest weekend. I need a break! It's been super hot here the last couple of weeks. I am not sure if they have already started to draw the lake down or if there just has not been enough rain, but you can almost watch Cherokee lakes level drop. A lot of the personal docks that were floating 2 weeks ago are sitting on dry land now. We are looking for a nice cool down mid week next week. Highs are going to be in the mid 80s during the day and lows in the mid to upper 60s at night. That will feel down right cold after these 95 to 100 degree temps we have been seeing. Lol

Gurgle, Gurgle Gurgle  :hugegrin:    Had some good rain, I sat in the rain for almost 2 hours last night, just sitting on the swing under the maple tree, which stopped about 3/4s of the rain.  It was so peaceful and relaxing.  I didn't even realize it was after 10:30 when I went back inside soaked to the bone.  Just something about storms and rain that connects me to the earth.  (Lightning is probably going to kill me some day LOL). 

oh I hear ya doc I love storms and being in the rain  :heart: hot here too under weather advisory for the next couple of days in about the 80 in Everett I think 90 in seattle  8|

Good morning!  I had a relaxing weekend around the house. Got back settled in the camper last night about 9:30. I had a very young gray fox in the yard this morning as I was leaving for work. Pretty cool I have got to say! So I have red fox and now a gray fox, 2 skunks, and some deer! I need to put out a permanent game feeder.

It looks like the fish kill has been swept under the rug. A bunch of ugly water came down yesterday after we got some rain. We might get a little rain today so I can lay off mowing and go get the right oil filter for my Cub Cadet. As soon as the cancer radiation place in Peoria gets the templates done its back on the road five days a week for a few weeks.  gen165.gif

Hi folks, just stopping by to look into the campfire for a bit.  I'm not going to make it for Farmageddon.  Sorry, things going on here that will prevent it.  For now though, log on the fire.